PDA

View Full Version : Threshold cam at an angle on new bow..

Unregistered
09-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Hi, I recently acquired a new Threshold..I fired 12 arrows with it and found it extremely noisy and took it to a bow shop..they pointed out that the cam is sitting at an angle and therefore the string is not sitting straight on the cam..they advised me it was dangerous to fire the bow..has anybody had this before or know what could have caused this?
Regards,
Lance
Durban
South Africa

bfisher
09-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Is the shop you took it to the same place you bought it? If so your best bet is to return there and have them contact Martin Archery. He needn't be a Martin dealer to handle this.

Hotel9
09-21-2010, 04:32 AM
No I didnt buy the bow from them...and they say they want nothing to do with it as it`s of poor quality and made in taiwan.. I imported 3x thresholds and now the second one has done the same thing..

alex
09-21-2010, 06:30 AM
You'd better call Martin. I have 2 bows and a crossbow made by the same company from Taiwan and they work well. Of course they are not as good as the ones made in USA, but i disagree with the "poor quality".

baerman
09-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Alex,
Do you know if all of Martin's bows are made in Taiwan? This could be the source of most of the problems that we've been having with limbs, cam lean, etc.
Thanks!

Montalaar
09-21-2010, 07:47 AM
The Treshold is made by PerfectLine in made in Asia.

Risers from all other Martin bows are made in Wallawalla, Washington. I predicate that the limbs are also made in the US as they are cut in Wallawalla, too.

alex
09-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Simon, it's good to see you here again! With a good answer too :)
Baerman, i think the problems are more likely caused by the desire of Martin to be competitive with the other bow companies in bow speed, weight and look at lower price. For example my MOAB is equal with Bear Truth 2 and costs 150 euros less in Bulgaria. And i'm sure that the Asian bow companies use American machines and know-how ... and that many of the parts of the bows "made in USA" are made in China :cool:

baerman
09-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks for your replies, Alex and Montalaar,
It's enough to make your head hurt......hard to determine the source for anything. My thinking, though, is that since I've had more problems with my last two new bows, both Martins, than with all of my previous bows combined, that there has to be a common reason. I thought that perhaps we had found it....bows made in Asia. Anyway, guess it's just a dead end.
Again, thanks for your responses.

Montalaar
09-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks for your replies, Alex and Montalaar,
It's enough to make your head hurt......hard to determine the source for anything. My thinking, though, is that since I've had more problems with my last two new bows, both Martins, than with all of my previous bows combined, that there has to be a common reason. I thought that perhaps we had found it....bows made in Asia. Anyway, guess it's just a dead end.
Again, thanks for your responses.

Let's wait for.. ten years. All the expensive bow brands will let asian companies build their bows because it is 'better' to let them build there. Means .. less expenise. As you may know china owns more than 40% of all USD and around 1/3 of all €.. Quite alarming...

alex
09-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Let's wait for.. ten years. All the expensive bow brands will let asian companies build their bows because it is 'better' to let them build there. Means .. less expenise. As you may know china owns more than 40% of all USD and around 1/3 of all .. Quite alarming...

Tell you the truth i don't think this is such a problem. Back in the 80's Japan was considered a great threat for the Western economy and what happened - nothing. Economy is very important, but it's not the most important thing. I find the problem with the aging of the europeans, the decaying of moral and the unstopable march of the islam and the hordes of immigrants far more alarming. And what's the answer of our "leaders" - to ban the 100W electric bulbs and the powerful hoovers :D

Montalaar
09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Tell you the truth i don't think this is such a problem. Back in the 80's Japan was considered a great threat for the Western economy and what happened - nothing. Economy is very important, but it's not the most important thing. I find the problem with the aging of the europeans, the decaying of moral and the unstopable march of the islam and the hordes of immigrants far more alarming. And what's the answer of our "leaders" - to ban the 100W electric bulbs and the powerful hoovers :D

Well...

In my eyes... The only problem is that all those elected politicians (at least here in germany) are controlled by lobbyists. All new laws that were established by our current government were written by the industry. They do not even care about the people living here, just about their own money.

I know that this is sophisticated whining compared to your position. But well... There are so many problems in the world. And everybody is just talking and produces hot air. Everytime.

alex
09-22-2010, 09:28 AM
:D Yeah... Let's get back to a more pleasant topic - BOWS - that's why we're here :)

Spiker
09-22-2010, 12:04 PM
:D Yeah... Let's get back to a more pleasant topic - BOWS - that's why we're here :)

For sure!!!!