PDA

View Full Version : About my nightmare 2010 Bengal

Jason419
09-07-2010, 06:30 PM
I bought this 2010 Bengal from a dealer in Minster Ohio new 2 days before christmas. I was excited cause i waited like 3 months for it. So went down picked it up its black carbon fiber limbs had him put a rest and site on it then i had him put ccs and sts on it. Which i should of known better to go ahead with ccs because he took it out to his garage and ground on it with a grinder to get it to fit bow but i was excited and didnt really give it any thought i mean he is the pro right. Well we spent the next 2 hours trying to paper tune this bow. It is a 55-70 set on 57 or 58 lbs and with ccs it went up to 66 lbs. Finally he gave up on trying to paper tune it. So i go home and when i get here i admire my new toy and as im looking at it i see one of the guide cables that run on the outside of the idler wheel is pinch between where the little clip goes on at and is starting to fray apart so i call the shop and he ask me well who worked on it i was like you did and then preceeds to tell me oh thats nothing to worry about i was like no it is fraying apart and the clip is gone well he tells me to bring it back down and he would fix it. So cool no problem right he is gona take care of it so he had to order string and he put another clip on cool. Well not really 3 months later he is telling me that the strings are lost in the mail. So i get tired of waiting cause other than trying to paper tune this bow i havent shot it. So i go to another shop in portland and he talks me into having him make a custom string for it and he would make the cables longer to take the extra weight off by putting ccs on so we did. Like i said it is all black with carbon fiber limbs and the new string is hot pink and purple looks good. So i get 20 or 30 arrows through it and notice the string is coming apart where it goes through the ccs well ive had this bow going on 5 or 6 months now. So i take it back to the guy in portland indiana and he put another string on it so now we are up to 3 strings now. Get it back home a take it and shoot it and 10 shots into this string it starts coming apart. So i getting pretty fe up with this bow by now still havent got string from first dealer cause there still lost in mail or so he says. So I call joel and tell him we agree that there is something wrong with ccs he tells me just take it to your dealer. So i did and he went ahead and replaced the ccs with a new one it only took a month and he finally gave me a new string after six months of being lost in the mail cool so i thought i was all fixed up and ready to go ha wrong. A week later i go back down to the shop and have him replace the cord for my rest because it started fraying apart so we again spent 2 hrs trying to paper tune this bow he moves my knock 1.5 inches and the arrow at full draw is going down hill and it shoots a good hole so he is like there is something not right i was like ya i know ive been saying that since i bought this thing. Now ive had this bow for a little over 9 months now and it is sitting back at the bow shop because he is now telling me that i cant shoot 58 lbs out of a 70 lb bow and he wants to put 60 lb limbs on it well i dont agree with this because one that is not what i bought and 2 if i cant shoot 58 lbs out of a 70 lb bow why does martin make it. When you look at the string it is not all the way down on the cam so the cam is out of time so he twisted the string up and now that the cam is right with the limb bolts backed way out it has almost 70 lbs on it. He ordered a set of limbs for it that he said martin 2 day aired to him that took 2 weeks to get and now he is telling me they sent the wrong one and i looked at them and was like well i dont wont them on my bow any way the one looks like it is cracked in 2 places and has gouge marks in it. I have called Martin several times they wont call me back and the guy at the shop is giving me the run around and on top of that he is in clorado hunting or something . I feel the service i have got at The Archery Shop and From Martin is unacceptable and feel that 9 months is plenty of time to have gotting my bow fixed or replaced and neither has happenned. So I have since contacted the attorney general and let them know what is going on. Long story short i am not impressed wth the service from either place and dont know about anymore Martin purchases in the future. It sure is a pretty bow is what everyone tells me Ya it is to bad I cant do anything with it.

Jason419
09-07-2010, 06:38 PM
This is my first new bow i have bought. I also have and 09 Elite GT500 that is red and i have an 08 firecat that is blue. I bought both of those used and have had no issues out of either on. Both dual cam bows and draw and shoot smother than my solo cam Bengal.

gibson 787
09-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Jason 419 you are one heck of a patient man. The story is indeed one big nightmare. From what you say, it appears the trouble began with your dealer. I assume he is a registered Martin dealer, if so I hope you passed on his name to Joel. It's very difficult for Martin to have inside knowledge of each and every dealer on their books.

The Bengal is a fine bow and with the CCS and STS fitted, is basically a Firecat TR1. It is advisable to have the string and cable served where they pass through the CCS and over the idler wheel. Also check that there are no sharp edges on the idler wheel which you can easily fix with some fine emery cloth.

There should be no problems turning down a 70# Martin bow to 58#.

One very important thing is make sure the bow is close to specs before it is tuned. That is, that the axle to axle and brace height measurements are at, or within say 1/4" of what Martin recommend. You can find the measurements on the Technical Info on the Martin web sight. Even when you have the bow to specs, it's best to take a hundred or so shots to stretch the string/cable before you tune it.

Don't know how much you know technically about bows, but it would be advisable to find a good bow shop, maybe someone on the forum knows of one in your area. I'm 12,000 miles away, so can't really help there.

It sounds to me like the problems from the first dealer have progressed through the whole tragic episode and maybe a further call to Martin may be the solution. Their customer service has always been excellent.

promotional
09-07-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.anypromo.com/

Jason419
09-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Yes he is a Martin Dealer has been for a long time Martin is what made him who he is today but he is also a big Matthews dealer and he will sit there and dog Martin and tell you how junk they are and try to push a Matthews bow on you. I couldnt agree more that it is a dealer issue. It amazes me that i buy a brand new bow and it is junk right out of the box and has all these issues and 9 months later I am still trying to get it fixed. I mean in another couple months they are going to release the 2011 models and i havent even got my 2010 model to work.

gibson 787
09-07-2010, 10:08 PM
I really think your best option is to send the bow to Martin. I wouldn't go near that dealer ever again.

Jason419
09-07-2010, 10:14 PM
well hopefully they call me back i have left several messages yesterday

Jason419
09-07-2010, 10:19 PM
and the string was replaced because i got tired of waiting on dealer to get me a replacement and my peep would never rotate around all he way and his answer is martin strings are junk and has long as you use them your peep isnt going to rotate so i got a custom string and guess what ha it still doesnt rotate all the way and again my other bows that he hasnt worked on or installed the peeps work just fine with no rotation

alex
09-08-2010, 04:58 AM
As i see the situation your dealer ruined a good bow and now he must change it with a new one. I don't think Martin are responsible in your case. I may be wrong but think the CCS is a useless gadget which causes more trouble then benefits. You don't need it especially if you'll shoot 58 or so pounds of 70# limbs. Oh and by the way with the money you'll spend for lawyers you can buy something far more pleasant then vengeance :D I'd keep the money and break the dealers shop window with a brick or something like that ;)

guntercb
09-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Jason,

Ouch. I hope you get your bow up and running. Look up JRH60 on archery talk. His shop is in Ohio, I don't know how close he is but he made a custom string for my Pantera and he did a great job. He also has helped me out quite a bit on other issues. I have been so impressed with his service that I have thought I should go to Ohio from Florida to buy a bow from him when the time comes! :eek:

Good luck and hang in there. I am sure Martin will help you out too!

Cheers,
Chris

Montalaar
09-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Yes he is a Martin Dealer has been for a long time Martin is what made him who he is today but he is also a big Matthews dealer and he will sit there and dog Martin and tell you how junk they are and try to push a Matthews bow on you. I couldnt agree more that it is a dealer issue. It amazes me that i buy a brand new bow and it is junk right out of the box and has all these issues and 9 months later I am still trying to get it fixed. I mean in another couple months they are going to release the 2011 models and i havent even got my 2010 model to work.

Well.. Mathews is a bit volatile with their Dealers. Only cash matters so when a new shop will open and it promise to sell more bows Mathews will make them their new shop. There have been loads of issues with that in the last two years as you can see at AT. Or at least you could. I am not sure if the threads have been deleted.