PDA

View Full Version : Question about 2010 limbs

BPI
09-08-2010, 10:49 AM
I had posted some questions about my new wartog , and got some very usefull info. In that post I told everyone what turned me on to Martin Archery. A friend of mine has a 2008 Firecat, and up till last week it was a great bow. But, the limbs did the cracking thing on him last week, and he was asking questions to me about it. I quess what I am asking is if the problem has been corrected ? Has anyone heard of any 2010 redesigned limbs doing this ?

bfisher
09-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Had the same thing happen to my 2008 "Cat". I know of several others as well. Tell your firend to take the bow back to his dealer. Martin will either replace the limbs or update it with 2010 parts. That entails limbs, roto cups, strings/cables, and cams. The jury is still out, but this last option seems to be a better system.

Yes, I have 2010 parts on mine. The camo is different but who cares. I've had these limbs since February and no problems so far, but then I'm only shooting around 45# with 50# limbs. Of course the old limbs were 50# too and it took them 2 years to give up. I haven't heard of too many problems with 2010 limbs except on the new ShadowCat.

For 2011 they are sopposedly making solid core limbs that are supposed to be better yet. They may even update it with these. Who knows at this point.