PDA

View Full Version : Need Stab for Slayer

rjd
09-10-2010, 03:05 PM
So what is everone using for a stabilizer on there Slayer . Mine has alittle bit of hand buzz. Have a Limbsaver S-Coil on it now. Anything work better?

Destroyer
09-10-2010, 08:17 PM
I use a X-Coil on my Pantera. Does the job. :)

elkslayer4x5
09-11-2010, 06:49 AM
That must be the one, that's what I'm using also! I don't want any more weight on the bow, it's already heavy enough. Sure miss those days of packing a recurve , even with the 8 arrow quiver ( full ) on it. :(

alex
09-11-2010, 11:00 AM
I've made a 8"/14" stabilizer for my MOAB and the result is a 6lbs monster which i can shoot 15-20 times and then need a rest :D I also think the x-coil is a good choice, but may be the Slayer will need something longer and heavier. Flytier17 in this forum has a Slayer and he can tell what he uses, but unfortunately i haven't seen him here for months.

Destroyer
09-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Sure miss those days of packing a recurve , even with the 8 arrow quiver ( full ) on it.

Same here. So light, just much slower fps.

I've made a 8"/14" stabilizer for my MOAB and the result is a 6lbs monster

That thing needs wheels mate! :D

rjd
09-11-2010, 05:43 PM
The s-coil just doesn't seem to be helping. Do any of you thing that a stringstop of some kind would help? Going have to make a trip to the city and check out BAss Pro and Cabelas. Got the s-coil cause it really helped on the Firecat. Maybe something longer and heavier. Wish there was a way to stack two of them .

elkslayer4x5
09-12-2010, 05:43 AM
The s-coil just doesn't seem to be helping. Do any of you thing that a stringstop of some kind would help? Going have to make a trip to the city and check out BAss Pro and Cabelas. Got the s-coil cause it really helped on the Firecat. Maybe something longer and heavier. Wish there was a way to stack two of them .

Sims does make a stack on stabilizer, called a modular stabilizer system,
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=4250058&osCsid=3to4rur005t65a4503aeqi6nn6
and also the S-coil will stack onto the mini S coil. S coil is 4.5" and the mini is 3.5", make a nice compact 8" stabie, used to have two of the stacked S coils, but the grandchildern have made off with the minis ! :D
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=4250050

Destroyer
09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Are you using string silencers like catwiskers, etc?

SonnyThomas
09-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Friend's Slayer seems pretty solid in the hand. Maybe timing?
One of the finest stabilizers I've ever used has been the NAP 8" Shock Blocker. They come in 5, 6 and 8". Though they can be had in camo mine came in black. IT AIN'T FOR SALE. It's tamed some pretty rough bows. It's filled with something and rubber mounted on the stabilizer screw. Basically, many of today's stabilizer are based on it. I've tried a bunch and none have really beaten the Blocker. Lancaster doesn't show it in their new catalog, but a call to NAP might just beat their last year price. AND if you need tech advice NAP has some of best tech people there is.
1-800-323-1279.

rjd
09-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Well it used to have some string leaches, but they only lasted 6 monthes and they were down to the nubs that went through the string . Have a older stab with thrreads in the end might give that a try. Will have to get a string stop of some kind. Any suggstions?
Will be a set of cats whiskers on the new set of strings . They are being built now at Extrme Bowstrings. Thinking it could be timing , I know the draw lenght is to long.
Really like the bow but maybe I'll have to start looking for something else newer.

Destroyer
09-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Well it used to have some string leaches

That's the problem, no stabilizer made is going to silence the bow enough without them or a sts.

Will be a set of cats whiskers on the new set of strings

All you need. :)

abisha2003
09-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Using her magic, Willow locates Twilight and the new superhuman Buffy .... Jeanty's art has been the stabilizer throughout this entire run.Brad Melzter People were so focused on the jokes in this issue that I'm ..... They have their personal history; the history of all Slayers..

rjd
09-13-2010, 07:58 PM
It was loud with the leeches, now it is louder. Going to get the strings ordered with cat whiskers. Let you know what we end up with .

Destroyer
09-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Good stuff. Leeches don't do much at all. :)