PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on Cheetah

Huckle
09-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I ordered a bow from an online dealer, Im super excited...its getting shipped directly from Martin. Just wondering if someone might have the inside line on when it will ship out. I ordered last week. Someone here has to have the scoop.

jj141979
09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
I had my dealer call and order my Cheetah on a thursday. Martin sent the bow out the following Thursday!! It is the busy season for them.

Huckle
09-13-2010, 04:43 PM
I feel like a kid at Christmas, hurry up already Santa!

Destroyer
09-13-2010, 05:26 PM
How I feel when waiting on gear from eBay! :D

timtim146
09-13-2010, 09:39 PM
lol you have reason to i love mine! :D if it comes with the stock strings though swap them out with new ones... i got vapor trails and there amazing :) goodluck!!

Huckle
09-14-2010, 05:06 AM
It should come with the stock string. Thank you for the advise. I just hope it gets here soon. Was hoping to do early elk but kinda fowled that up by not planning ahead, so hopefully I can get all set up with my own bow by the late archery elk.

Joan@Martin
09-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Since the Middle of August Martin has revamped their string making process. These do not have peep rotation and have been tested several times on several different bows.

If you just ordered your bow and it is scheduled to be built here in the next week or two... you definitely will get the new "no peep twist" strings.

elkslayer4x5
09-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Since the Middle of August Martin has revamped their string making process.

Great to hear! Thanks for letting us know. Welcome to the tech board. I've seen you ( your user name ) in several threads on AT, and was wondering when you'd get over to us here. Most of us have the same username on both boards. Got any more inside information to share? :D
99 more posts till you're a senior menber here!

Huckle
09-14-2010, 06:48 AM
Cool. Thanks for the information. Now someone crack the whip on whoever is building my bow! Im super bored and this watch pot is still not boiling

Destroyer
09-14-2010, 05:13 PM
the new "no peep twist" strings.

Will all the Martin replacement strings be made this way too?

Hope so, Martin was once a very good string maker. ;)

polaris754
09-14-2010, 05:19 PM
ok so what would be the proper way to get these new strings ? and would the cables need to be replaced also > ? its kind of close to season now to be fiddling with a new string but the thought is very promising :rolleyes:send all free upgrade string kits , in care of me lol !and by the way dont get yer shorts in knot yer bow will come soon

Destroyer
09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Both cable and string you would want, but a new string on its own would make a difference.

send all free upgrade string kits

Would be nice mate. :)

timtim146
09-14-2010, 06:50 PM
definitely get both string and cable. I went with vapor trails and they are amazing :) better than winners choice IMO but just go to their website http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/ pick the colors you want. call em up, Tell em your string and cable length (they will be on your limb sticker) then some personal info and they will send them within a week :)