PDA

View Full Version : First & last Martin ever!

rolloversam
09-14-2010, 11:20 AM
This year, I took my hunting to the next level. I did a little research, and decided to go with a martin moab (2009 model). Once I got all new accessories, it was time to dial it in. I shot about 13 times (remember its a brand new bow). When I pulled back for the 14th shot, BOOM! The bottom limb snaps and hits me in jaw. Great! I have two weeks until the Kentucky season starts, and I have about 1 month until Indiana starts. I checked out Martin's forum and it seems this is a common problem. I should have done some more research... JUNK! I don't care if they fixed the problem now, they should have had a recall before someone gets hurt. I take it to the dealer (a friend) and calls Martin and leaves a message. He has had this bow for three weeks and still Martin hasn't returned any of this phone calls. I'm done!

Martin needs to make this right. How, I don't know how since I've missed Kentucky's season and a good chance Indiana. Even if I get this bow back next week, I still have to sight it in and get comfortable shooting it.

I thought I was someone special with this new Martin bow! I just knew this year I was going to kill a monster with it... Now my opinion is F@%# Martin and all there products.

Martin you need to call Gun World of Corydon, 812.738.0935 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************812.7 38.0935******end_of_the_skype_highlighting, and ask for Eddie.

alex
09-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Hmm, i understand your anger and hope your bow will be fixed quickly, but as an owner of a Martin product (flawless till this moment) i wouldn't allow you to "f@%#" it :cool:

dragonsfire311
09-14-2010, 02:57 PM
I understand you being a little pi##ed off about the situation but there is no need to drop f bombs. I've been shooting a martin since 2003 and have never had a problem with my bow or martin. Its just bad luck (murphys law). If your disatisfied with service and product then switch brands. Never had anything but problems with ford so i changed to dodge but I don't go around saying f ford, I just don't buy their products. Good luck with the situation and hopfully it will work itself out.

rolloversam
09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I've calmed down since then! I understand things happen, but what really upset me is the poor customer service. I hope that they can change my opinion about Martin because for 13 shots, I was a very proud owner.

Destroyer
09-14-2010, 05:08 PM
When I pulled back for the 14th shot, BOOM! The bottom limb snaps and hits me in jaw.

No wonder your angry. SHEESH! :eek:

timtim146
09-14-2010, 08:35 PM
i say just bad luck :/ maybe they will replace it with a new one :)