PDA

View Full Version : Firecat Limbs

pointerman
09-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Good Evening "Martin Mates"

I have a question about my Firecat 08 Limbs.
I would like to know if yhe new Firecat Limbs can be mounted in a Firecat 08(like mine)?
I have seen that the new ones have a round shape in the oposite side of the cam(sorry dont know the specific name) but seem similar to the "old" ones.

Best regards to you all

alex
09-14-2010, 01:33 PM
The answer is NO, but not because of the round ends of the limbs, but because of the size of the new cams. As far as i know if you must change the limbs you'll need also new cams, axels,etc. If your bow is under guaranty Martin may give you the needed parts for free, but you must call them or ask your dealer. Good luck!

pointerman
09-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Thank you Alex.

My bow is still under guaranty,by as is taking some time the new limbs to arrive and i have some hurry,so i was thinking get the limbs of a friend of mine bow(firecat 2009).

What cant be,cant be.

madlaz
09-15-2010, 03:25 AM
the 2009 limbs will workon the 2008 firecat even though it is round and your old cams will work i know i have 2sets and use them

pointerman
09-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Good afternoon Madlaz

Thanks for your answer.

Do they work as the originals?did you made some "tunning" or is just mount then normally?

alex
09-15-2010, 09:45 AM
The 2009 limbs will work without a special tunning. But if the replacement ones are on their way may be it'd be best just to wait for them. Twice changing the limbs looks a little too much to me :)

Destroyer
09-15-2010, 07:45 PM
just mount then normally?

The same. '09 limbs fitted fine on my 2007 Pantera, except for the round ends in the limb pockets.

madlaz
09-16-2010, 01:22 PM
if you get the new 2010 limbs and cams your in for a lot of work new strings limb pockets etc. and a lot of tuning check out archery talk on conversion,

pointerman
09-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Thank you all for the answers and advices.

I was thinking just to change one time (i was planing to give the new ones to my friend when they arrive) because its a lot of work(and time).
But i will wait.

I have a some hurry about because the wild boars are getting the corn field of another hunting friend and he must do something about it before they blast is crop(or whats lefting:mad:).
He doesnt want any shots because he doesnt want to spook the red-partrige away(their season its almost starting:D).

Destroyer
09-18-2010, 10:41 PM
he doesnt want to spook the red-partrige

Bow hunting the pigs is the perfect solution then. :cool: