PDA

View Full Version : Modifying a '10 Bengal

tfields9
09-15-2010, 03:07 AM
I've been shooting this bow all year, and I have noticed that the string & cable that cross through the teflon guide are beginning to fray. I am thinking about replacing the guide with the CCS option. It seems to me that, so long as the wheels move freely and are kept clean, the CCS will create less friction and wear on the strings as they pass through.

Will this change string or cable length? And will it have any effect on the cam & wheel setup? Or is it just a bad idea?

Thanks,

elkslayer4x5
09-15-2010, 06:25 AM
the CCS will create less friction and wear on the strings as they pass through.

Will this change string or cable length?

Thanks,

As I understand it, when you install the CCS, your draw weight increases about 5 lbs, unless you install a 1/2" longer cable. I could be wrong, if so, we both will read how wrong. :eek:

Jason419
09-15-2010, 06:40 AM
i had one put on mine and it went from 57 to 66 pounds then i had a whole bunch of problems with bow and 3 strings later and 2 ccs and limbs and 10 months later my bow is still junk but yes making them longer will take the poundage off hope you have better luck with your bengal than i did

Spiker
09-15-2010, 06:52 AM
If it were mine I would just replace the slide with a Saunders Hyperslide and have the cables served where they run thru it - then go back to enjoying shooting it.

Destroyer
09-15-2010, 07:26 PM
I would just replace the slide

That is all I would do. Sims slide is good too. :)

rjd
09-15-2010, 08:29 PM
hyperslide with the cables served where they go through .In fact that is the first mod that the group I shoot with does.

tfields9
09-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks all. Replacing the guide and serving the string & cable does sound like the best way to go.

I think I'll go that route.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.