PDA

View Full Version : Picking the right arrows

Huckle
09-15-2010, 08:15 AM
So I ordered a Cheetah with a 30" draw @ 70lbs.
What arrows should I select, or how do I figure out the correct ones?
The last bow I was shooting was borrowed and I was shooting carbon express terminator xp's. They worked well. This new bow has a longer draw length and more lbs, so how do I figure out what to use? I will be using this for hunting btw.

Coop
09-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Do you already have the bow? Are you 'sure' the 30" draw length is correct for you? If your not sure...than getting your arrow length can't happen yet. Now, all arrow companies have arrow(hunting) charts that you can plug in your numbers(dl, arrow length an so on.). For example here's one http://www.beman.com/products/shaft-selector.... Alot of people have their arrows cut to about one inch past their arrow rest, my arrows are cut about 3/4" past the rest.

Hopefully I have helped some...
Coop

Huckle
09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
The draw length should be correct, I went to a reputable archery shop and got measured before I ordered. Thanks for the help

alex
09-15-2010, 11:07 AM
You can go to the same archery shop and choose some good arrows together with the owner/salesman. I think nowadays all the carbon arrows are good enough and only the professional archers need to look for something special. My advice is to start with some cheaper arrows - i use Gold Tip Vapor, they are relatively cheap and for me are very good.
P.S. If i'm not wrong you'll need 340 spine arrows, but i'm not very good in the spine stuff and somebody else's help on this question will be needed :)

Huckle
09-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I think im a sucker for the "cool" factor. The Mayhem looks cool!

dragonsfire311
09-15-2010, 12:21 PM
You can go to easton's web site and they have a chart for arrow length's. What type of broadhead are you shooting? arrow rest?, fixed blade you may want a little longer arrow so you don't cut your hand on blades at full draw. carbon express also makes good arrows.

Huckle
09-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Muzzy mx3 broadheads
Whisker biscuit rest
iq sight

need a release still, havent decided yet.

dragonsfire311
09-15-2010, 04:02 PM
tru fire makes some good releases.

Destroyer
09-15-2010, 07:41 PM
so how do I figure out what to use?

Make a choice based on a chart and then see how they tune. Like Alex said, .340 spine should be ok (7595 in goltips), but you really need to shoot them to know. @ 30" .300's might be a better choice. There are so many varibles, its very difficult to say for sure.

Release? Scott's are great quality and they have the best customer service imho. I'm waiting to get my new strings so I can try a new Tru Fire 3D Hunter, hopefully good too. :)