PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own a Lynx?

Unregistered
09-16-2010, 11:11 AM
I have a Martin Lynx that I dont know when it was made. It has Z cams and is 55-70 DW and has a rear mount cable guide.
Questions:
What years were these manufactured?
How can I mount a string stop on to minimize hand vibration?
Is it possible to get modules to get the DL from 29 to 28?

Any info on this bow would be appreciated...

CamoXtreme
09-17-2010, 10:54 PM
I have a Martin Lynx Magnum 65-80lbs w/ Z-cams that I had purchased new in 1989 or 1990. I can't exactly remember, but I know I purchased it in high school before I graduated (I graduated in 1991). The shortest module they made for that cam/bow configuration resulted in 29 inch draw. I know because I contacted martin trying to shorten my draw so I could put a string loop on it later on. It was a great bow that I shot till 2007. It tuned really easy and was very dependable. I finally retired it for a newer/lighter bow, and strings/cables were getting hard to come by (had to be custom made).

If you look hard enough you may be able to find an older cable guard that mounts either between your riser and sight mount, or outside of your sight mount. Mine mounted outside of the mount for my Fine Line sight I have on it. This frees up the mounting hole on the back side of the riser below the handle. You may be able to find an after market string suppressor/stop that would fit the hole.

Hope this helps. Any more questions shoot me a line.

Clinton