PDA

View Full Version : Martin Super Quiver

FireHawk Owner
09-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know were I can get the mounting bracket ,that the Martin Super Quiver slides on.Mine Broke in Three places.Don't know how,I didn't drop it or bang it.Must have tighten mounting screws to much.It still holds it.I don't even want to pull it off till I find a new one. but makes a bunch of racket now.Thanks in advance for any information.

Spiker
09-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Are you looking for the metal dovetail one or the new style plastic unit?

FireHawk Owner
09-18-2010, 11:36 AM
The Dove tail I think.I just look at it and its not the part that is mounted on the bow,it the part thats mounted on the quiver thats broke.It the part that slides into the mounting bracket maybe it is call dove tall not sure.But I would not mind changing the mounting and the slide do to vibration .If I remove the quiver.and shoot I can hear the spring load button vibrate.It looks like I could change both of them,here a pic.Sorry its so big.If I can change both of them were can I get something compatible.That you Spiker 4 the quick response.

alex
09-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Some superglue can fix this till you take the new one, but don't overtighten the bolts.

FireHawk Owner
09-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Thank you Alex,Yes I super glued it right after I took the pic.Id like to get the metal dove tail to replace the plastic on,an suggestion were to buy or order it.

alex
09-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Sorry, can't help with this. If they are still in production Martin must have them, but can't say how to find them in the catalogue. When Bfisher (our moderator) is back he could help.

FireHawk Owner
09-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Thats fine Thank you for your time.

dragonsfire311
09-18-2010, 03:06 PM
try ebay or archerytalk or you could go through martins online store till you see what your looking for. BTW your right around the corner from one of my fav hunting spots, citrus wma. good luck

FireHawk Owner
09-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Yes I try ebay didn't see anything.And yes Im 10 minutes from citrus management ,I killed 1 buck and a 130LB sal hog last year during archery there.And I have quota for archery and gun there this year.Have one nices 8 patterned out there already.So I should do good this year.

Spiker
09-18-2010, 04:51 PM
I would call Martin tech support. They may warranty the mount and send you a new one. I had one on my Firecat that only lasted about a month. I replaced it with the older metal style that I had. I looked thru my stuff to see if I had another but - no such luck. If you do speak with Martin and the metal mounts (you will need both pieces) are still availible - please post on here - I would like to get a couple for spares. I still have 4 bows with those quivers on them.

FireHawk Owner
09-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Thank u again spiker.I will call martin first thing tomorrow.And I will post the info I recieve on here.Would like to say thank you all for all the info.And thank you for making this a comfortable site for me.This is a great site with a lot of very nice people.

FireHawk Owner
09-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I called Martin today.Told her that it was broke,she said that it was under warranty.I told her about the vibration in the spring loaded button.And asked her if they had the metal style any more,she said that they don't make the metal style any more,n There must be something wrong with mine to be vibrating.So she is sending me a new bracket mount and the sleeve that slides into it.Sorry I don't have the correct lingo.I ask her if this part would be in the catolog and she said no,you would either have to call martin or one of there dealers.But this turned out great.I like to say, Martin has the best customer service out of any company I have ever dealt with.Thank you everyone for your help.

Spiker
09-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Darn it. I was hoping that they still had some of the metal mounts but - I figured not. All has gone to plastic... Hope you have better luck with this set.
I dont think you have any kind of excess vibration with your bow. I just dont think that any quiver of that size with 8-10 arrows hanging in it is going to be held on with that little plastic mount.
I know it aint worked on mine and I have a real hard time not having a lot of arrows with me.;)

FireHawk Owner
09-20-2010, 04:10 PM
I agree totally with u Spiker.I have to have at least 6 arrows.I used to use a 2 3arrow alpine soft lock till about two years ago,I was hunting and had a 200 LB hog come out and put two arrows in him,then about a half hour later had a 4 point 30 yds from me,and a branch that I didn't see happened to be in my arrows path.Missed him by a long shot.:eek:He ran to my left and hung out there for about 10 minutes while:(,I sat there looking at him n swearing in my head!

Destroyer
09-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Why not turn it into a fixed quiver by bolting it to the mount.

FireHawk Owner
09-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Well I thought about it.but I'm left handed .I can't find 1 that has a left handed off set.Without the off set my arrow will stick out passed were I like them.with them like that its that much more likely to get hung up pulling my bow up in the stand,or catching branches walking into the woods,Guess im kinda anal bout it.I used a quiky offset extension plate right now to keep my arrows more close to the axles,so they don't protrude.

Destroyer
09-20-2010, 08:58 PM
I used a quiky offset extension plate

Oops, I see it now. Can you bolt the quiver to it instead? Enough clearance?

FireHawk Owner
09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
I just recieved my mounting bracket and the insert that slides into,along with the 3 caps to the compartments on the bottom. They send me everything but the Quiver.I must have just had a defective mount .this thing is solid ,no noise at all.Love this Quiver.Martin has been great to me.Thank you Joan!!