PDA

View Full Version : so whats the scoop on these new strigs

polaris754
09-22-2010, 03:05 PM
has any one hooked up with the new strings yet >? would it still be advisable to get aftermarkets ? i dont need them yet but i was thinkin about change-in them out :cool: yup i need a speaknspell lmao

jj141979
09-22-2010, 04:34 PM
I just recieved my Cheetah about 2.5 weeks ago from Martin and shot it about 6 or 700 times. The strings have been GREAT!!!!! I have a meta-peep and it has stayed from shot 1!!!!! I really think the strings are one of the best strings I have ever shot!!!! The strings are Flo-Green now!! THEY ARE AWSOME STRINGS!!!

Joan@Martin
09-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Thank you for the feed back.

We have in house testing results, but I was really looking forward to some customer use results.

Again, Thank you for the post.

alex
09-23-2010, 10:21 AM
I want them on my 08 MOAB - the yellow ones are still in excellent condition but require a peep with a tube :)

Spiker
09-23-2010, 01:15 PM

We have in house testing results, but I was really looking forward to some customer use results.

Again, Thank you for the post.

What material are the new strings made of.?

oncechance
09-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I think Martin should send us all new strings.:D

jj141979
09-23-2010, 05:59 PM

Again, Thank you for the post. No problem Joan!!! Thank you for a great little bow!!!!! I have no problem talking good about a quaility product!!! I bought a 07' Pantera and the strings were not good to say the least!!!! But these strings are 500% better in everyway!!!!!

Destroyer
09-23-2010, 07:40 PM
I think Martin should send us all new strings.:D

Agree, would be very nice of them. ;)

MastaMarksman
09-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Agree, would be very nice of them. ;)

+2

Would be nice, These yellow strings suck. My peep never stops rotating..

But I love my bow otherwise..

-Masta

polaris754
09-24-2010, 05:32 PM
OK IM GOIN OUT ON A LIMB HERE BUT IAGREE WITH U ALL MARTIN NEEDS TO SEND GREEN STRINGS UM JOAN HINT HINT PS I WILL NEED THEM BEFORE SAT PLEASE MAIL ASP THANK U THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE WARNING . WAITS FER REPLY YEEHAAAAAAA :rolleyes:

polaris754
10-22-2010, 06:01 PM
dang like i think Joan and Joel have fer gotten all about me oops all of us martin customers , we were all hope-in to have the new strings sent too us so we could make some better progress reports , u know like us loyal customers as we are ,we make the best testers , just my opinion, i have already missed my bow opener with out my green strings ,and i do fergive u both , BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE THEM SENT FOR FREE BEFORE X MAS :rolleyes:u know it will be the season fer green strings , remeber thee shall send green strings to all and all a good night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Couldn't wait for the green so I went blue black and GREEN!:D

Montalaar
10-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Me needs green strings, too. :D

Spiker
10-23-2010, 06:55 AM
Me needs green strings, too. :D

And a green no-glare peep!

Montalaar
10-23-2010, 07:18 AM
AWESOME!

Will you make me one? :P

Just btw, have you got any information regarding custom?

bfisher
10-23-2010, 04:48 PM
dang like i think Joan and Joel have fer gotten all about me oops all of us martin customers , we were all hope-in to have the new strings sent too us so we could make some better progress reports , u know like us loyal customers as we are ,we make the best testers , just my opinion, i have already missed my bow opener with out my green strings ,and i do fergive u both , BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE THEM SENT FOR FREE BEFORE X MAS :rolleyes:u know it will be the season fer green strings , remeber thee shall send green strings to all and all a good night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit begging!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm quite satisfied with my Stone Mt. strings. Not too hot about green anyway. Think I'd like pink and purple.

SonnyThomas
10-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Message says I need 10 more characters. Pink and purple? bf, you've been diving too much.

Joan@Martin
10-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Message says I need 10 more characters. Pink and purple? bf, you've been diving too much.

them look like pretty strings you posted... them there must be hammerhead strings... how ever did those leave the plant?????

how do you like them?

yes, i know bad grammer....

SonnyThomas
10-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Not Hammerheads. One of Martin's staff shooters is sponsored by Vapor Trails.

Shy, laid back and bashful that I am, I've got a lot doubts about the people cutting down Martin strings and others. I've set up a few 08s that still have the original strings on them, Bengals, Leopards, Firecats, Slayers. Took a bit on a couple, but got them settled in and no peep rotation problems. A 08 Slayer with quite a few thousand shots just now shows a tad out of time, but no peep rotation problems. I adjusted the rest a hair and his arrows are flying good enough he's hunting.

Spiker
10-26-2010, 06:36 AM
Are the Hammerhead strings the same green as the strings used on the Rytera's ?
Flo Green??

Joan@Martin
10-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Are the Hammerhead strings the same green as the strings used on the Rytera's ?
Flo Green??

Depends... last year most Rytera strings were Stone Mountain. In 2011 they will be Hammerhead strings. Yes, Rytera strings will be green / gray color.

Spiker
10-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Depends... last year most Rytera strings were Stone Mountain. In 2011 they will be Hammerhead strings. Yes, Rytera strings will be green / gray color.

What I would like to know is: Are the green strands in the 'Hammerhead' strings the same shade of green as the green strands in the Stone Mountain strings that were used on the 2010 Rytera's?
This really isn't a question about the strings themselves - but about the color as far as matching accessories.

Simon knows where I am going with this so now the rest of you will figure it out...

Montalaar
10-27-2010, 08:55 AM
The question is:

Is the Trophy green the same green as the BCY452x green.

If yes: That is great.

alex
10-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Simon knows where I am going with this so now the rest of you will figure it out...

At least some of us do know :)

Montalaar
10-27-2010, 10:07 AM
It's not that hard to figure out.

But i am thinking about asking Spiker for a paint job on one of my ShadowCat risers. The only thing that makes me a bit unassured is that i do not want to lose the good ShadowCat riser in the mail... ^_^

What do you think about it?

alex
10-27-2010, 11:37 AM
I think you can trust your post office (the famous German accuracy, dependability, etc.), but may be they aren't what they used to be. I wouldn't risk with our posts.

Spiker
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Insure it with at least double the amount.

RLW
10-28-2010, 07:19 AM
...........I've got a lot doubts about the people cutting down Martin strings ..........
I bought my '09 Bengal at the end of September last year and expected a bit of initial stretch/peep rotation as first, but started getting frustrated after having +/-400 shots and still getting some very slight creep/twist. However my real issue was the non-stop serving problems. Separating/sliding on string, showing sign of heavy wear, and coming loose in that amount of time.
Finally one day in February, I noticed another section separating, so put bow away, went to the shop and ordered a set of over priced Winner's Choice string/cable. Have had no problems since.

FYI: I have been a big fan of Martins strings for 20+yrs prior to that set. I'd try a different brand once in a while on my 3 previous Martin bows, but always went back to Martin. My old '96 Firecat currently has Martin string on it (& couple spares). That bow only used 36" tear-drop, but I found them to be 3-4fps faster and never had a stretch/serving problem. Martin string/cable on son's Jaguar has been fine too............just wasn't happy with what came on the Bengal.

SonnyThomas
10-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Not detracting from my previous comment; I've had some name brand customs strings and had problems to one degree or another. I thinking perhaps servings are the real culprit, not the string itself. Of personal bows I had one set of Dakota strings that had the center serving separate and one end serving for the buss cable separated. I re-served both and had no further problems. However, another set of Dakota strings looked absolutely terrible, color, fraying, tiny knots, but lasted over some 13,000 shots. I finally changed them just because they looked ugly.

Three custom string makers not hailed; M&R Strings - www.mrstrings.com . Roger will work with you and make strings for those Frankenstein bows. His pledge; Make the best possible strings. Ask about his guarantee.
Chillicothe Custom BowStrings, Illinois - sorry, gave his card out. Usually has strings made up within 24 hour period and ship - maybe 3 day turn around.
Kent's Custom Strings -kentscustomstrings@HOTMAIL.com - Kent and his wife hail out of Iowa and love to shoot. Involved, they take concern.

I have a set of M&R strings on one of my bows right now and looking good for over close to a year.

If I ever empty my wallet of cards my limp may go away.

Spiker
11-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Go green I guess...
http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=246

Montalaar
11-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Still an awesome job done by you!

alex
11-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Looks great, Scott!