PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis still making noise!!!!!!!!

Brox
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Ok let me start off by saying that i REALLY like this bow.Starting with The grip,the way the bow holds,the way it shoots BUT this popping or cracking is a pain.I did all the tricks of waxing the cams and taking the bow apart and greasing the pockets/Rockers and everything esle that i could grease.I put the bow back together and it was better but not gone.When you would first draw the bow it would pop and then wouldn't do it again until you sat the bow down for awhile then drew it again(not good for deer hunting).I noticed that the rocker that i put on the top limb was very snug to get on and the bottom was loose.So after about a week of it still doing it and deer season opeing up in acouple of day i decide to swap the rockers with each other.When i took them apart this time i inspected them and noticed that the one that i took off the top wasn't smooth across the ears like the other one it had let say ridges in the very middle of each ear making it smaller in the middle portion of the ear.I put it on the bottom limb and it was alittle looser so i put the bow back together and drew the bow and now the bottom limb is poping when i first draw instead of the top one meaning to me that something is wrong with that rocker and it needs to be smooth.Also before i took the bow apart the first time i tightened the limb bolts down all the way and drew the bow and it didn't make a popping noise at all any time that i drew it but i don't want to shoot it at 70lbs.Sorry had to vent:mad:. Anybody have any other ideas for me to try?

timtim146
09-22-2010, 07:33 PM
umm if you can get a dremmel in there and grind or sand it smoother id do that.. But if it is too bad id take it into your pro shop and let them do the work to it.

Joan@Martin
09-22-2010, 08:28 PM
How far do you have it backed down?

ezbite
09-22-2010, 09:09 PM
my alien X does the samething, sometimes. once i get it back from the shop ill try looking at that top rocker.

Brox
09-23-2010, 01:06 AM
umm if you can get a dremmel in there and grind or sand it smoother id do that.. But if it is too bad id take it into your pro shop and let them do the work to it.

I don't really feel comfortable with me or anybody else taking dremel to my bow.If you do that then you are taking the powder coat or anodize off the rocker.

Brox
09-23-2010, 01:07 AM
How far do you have it backed down?

Limb bolts are backed out 3 turns and set at 60.80 lbs.