PDA

View Full Version : bad story

Illyan
09-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Hello, i have a big problem with ma Pantera 07...

Saturday 18, it broke: First shoot of second session, i hear a metallic song, unsusal...after check, nothing appear..i'm starting to shoot another arrox and my bow explode!!!

The idler wheel is broken, i take a punch, my new Winner Choice is damaged and after disassembling it, i see one crack on each limb and the cam look to be bend...

I think:"No Problem, Martin have a top customer service", i send mail with pics to my archery shop, who send it to the importator: LAS (not Lancaster)...i'm waiting and today, the answer of him is: "your bow is not in warranty because Martin Stopped it In 2008...you must buy new part or a new bow"...

It's the first time i heard one thing like that!!! It's a joke!!! I have no bow, National championship in my goal line and no the budget for buy another bow without sacrifice...

My bow has no dry fired, anytime, my arrow weight 307 grains for 59 lbs of peak weight, i changed my string set for a Winner Choice set with the good specs for my bow, i have take care of it each day (number of friend can agree with me), i'm honest man...unlike the importator, who have bad reputation and cause many harm to Martin...

My question is: who have the true?? My bow is really not under warranty because Martin Stopped it?? Lifetime or lond time warranty is a legend???

Please help me i'm between rage and sadness... :mad:

elkslayer4x5
09-23-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm sure that you've read all of the posts here about Martin's great customer service, no doubt that you'll be treated the same as all those others were. Sounds like your importer is out to sell you a new bow. You need to get in contact with Martin, I don't have the contact info, but am sure that someone will post that info for you, hang in there. :)

Spiker
09-23-2010, 09:16 AM
1-800-541-8902

Montalaar
09-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Where is your archery shop located? Can you drive to them?

They are telling you plain bs. Although the bow has not been continued you have a limited lifetime warranty. This means that you will receive spare parts until 2017 or a new bow for free instead. As it is not your fault that the bow exploded (at least i assume that) you are covered by this warranty.

As spare parts may not be in stock any longer you will have to get a upgrade kit to the new Cams and limbs or a new bow instead. If your pro shop or distributor will not agree you will have to call Martin via phone or find another way to get these things. I know that the distributor for France is harming Martin at any time. I have heard many stories about this company already and i do not know why Martin sticks to him. They could sell a lot more bows with a different distributor as he is always trying to tell bad things about those bows.

Illyan
09-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Thank a lot

Joel take care of me and send the piece quickly ^^

For the distributor, you just confirm that i think to him...

alex
09-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Glad to hear this :)