PDA

View Full Version : bengal draw length

duey1977
09-24-2010, 07:13 AM
i have a bengal i got used last year, it has the f4 in which says its a 28 inch draw. i would have guessed a maybe 26 inch draw, the arrows i shoot with it are 26 inch arrows. so i wouldnt think it would be a 28 just for that reason. how can i shoot 26 inch arrows on a 28 inch draw.

also the stop on the cam, can i adjust the draw a little there. without a press.
the f4 module has 6 grooves in it, wich is the actuall 28 inch draw.

alex
09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
The actuall draw lenght is always shorter on the compounds, so don't worry. You don't need a bow press to work on a Martin bow. The stop has a rubber cap which covers a hexagonal bolt - unscrew it with a proper Allen wrench and adjust it to fit you best. You need different modules for the different lenghts.

duey1977
09-24-2010, 11:07 AM
i have the modules, do i need to loosen the tension on string, or can i just
remove the screws on the f4 and put the f5 in.

does the draw stop allow for more draw length adjustment or what exactly.
and when i put the f5 in how far do i have to adjust the stop

alex
09-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Usually to change the modules you don't need to loosen the string. Just unscrew the 2 bolts. If one of them is under the fork of the limb you can either loosen the tension and rotate the cam a little or grab the cables with your left hand and pull them towards the riser till the cam rotates and the head of the bolt appears. The draw stop allows you to adjust the lenght, the let-off and the draw cycle. I'm not an expert in this and can't explain it to you clearly. I just played with my draw stop till i felt the bow good when drawing it. You can do the same :)

duey1977
09-24-2010, 06:37 PM
im thinking if you lengthen your draw, then you have to adjust your stop to also stop in the right spot, with your new module. seems the module stops against the string when bow is drawed, so im guessing the stop is added to keep from overdrawing.

dont know if thats right but it seems like it would be.

Destroyer
09-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Bow manual might help.

http://www.martinarchery.com/manuals/