PDA

View Full Version : Alien X Cam Swap Help...

Unregistered
09-25-2010, 05:32 AM
Recently my Alien X was dry fired by my neighbour. The string did not break, though instead it ripped the posts it attaches to clean out of the cams. The result, destroyed cams, intact limbs, badly frayed cables, and a perfectly healthy string. So, naturally i need to find replacement cams...
No one, to my knowledge, in Australia deals the Rytera line up (I've searched high and low, believe me...). So finding replacement cams requires me to contact Rytera and order the Hybrix cams. I've noted that the alien X is quite a similar bow to other martin bows that utilise the CAT 2 and CAT 1.5 cams. So my question is; can I just whack some CAT 2 cams on my Alien? Will this change the string and cable lengths? If so, is there anyone out there who knows how to work out the new lengths, and what kind of change will this have on the bow's performance?
I love the bow, it is fast and quiet. It is very accurate in capable hands. It's just unfortunate that support is hard to come by... (I have tried contacting Martin directly about this, and have also spoken to the #1 martin dealer in Aus... They never got back to me...)
Warm regards
Michael.

Spiker
09-25-2010, 05:45 AM

gibson 787
09-25-2010, 03:35 PM

Exactly what I would suggest. I also live in Oz and have an X. Here is link www.archerytalk.com

Hope it works out for you. Don't suggest using Cat or Cat2 cams.

Destroyer
09-25-2010, 04:20 PM
and have also spoken to the #1 martin dealer in Aus... They never got back to me...)

No big surprise there. :(