PDA

View Full Version : cheetah idler help

krys1973
09-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Well on relies of my bow the string rolled off the upper idler. Before I knew of this site I took bow to local shop ( 30 miles away ), because Martin told me the parts had to be shipped to a pro shop for liability reasons. This was on september 3rd. Yes 3 days into deer season. The shop told me the idler and axle were both bent and also nicked the string, so they said it would take 2 weeks to get parts and fix it. It is know going on 4 weeks. How long does it ussually take to get replacment parts shipped. I only live around 2 hours from Martin.

bfisher
09-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm not totally certain about this, but the Cheetah, being a Gold Series bow can be sold and serviced by almost any bow shop. It doesn't have to be a Pro Shop that handles Martin bows. Consider this if you should ever need assistance again. You may have a closer shop.

As per time frame on getting parts? Normally it takes about a week for parts to come from Walla Walla to central Pa. I would assume a lot quicker in your case. I'd say, if they have the parts in stock your shop should have had them in about 2 to 3 days. Why four weeks is beyond me.

Sounds like someone has dropped the ball so maybe a tactful conversation with Joel at Martin Warranty Service would help speed things up for you. The phone # is 1-800-541-8902.

Hope this helps you.

krys1973
09-27-2010, 01:13 PM
The closest shop is wher i took it to get fixed. And I called Martin today (don't know who I talked to) and they said that the shop needed to call them and ask about the parts, not me. So the lady asked for the phone number to the shop. I don't know if she called them or not, no one has called me back. Season is over now so I really don't need it back right now. Lost the whole season to a string rolling off. Guess I should have looked over my bow a little better before season. I will next time.

MartinTech
09-27-2010, 01:38 PM
IF you are with in 2 hrs or Walla walla, stop in and we can get your bow fixed while you wait. when shipping out repalcement parts, you fall in line with other orders. With new bow orders shipping out like hotcakes, and parts for other repairs the oreders are filled by when they are placed. So stop in and we can get you shooting Much Faster..Thanks Vince @ Martin Archery

krys1973
09-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks Vince wish I would have posted this question a long time ago. Next time I will be down there.

Spiker
09-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Man- if I lived that close I would be on their doorstep every morning.
Not because of problems.
Just cuz I would drive them nuts untill they either gave me a job or had me locked up :D

krys1973
09-27-2010, 05:34 PM
I havn't visited their shop but a freind who turned me on to martin has. Not hered how it was but will talk to him soon to find out. If I knew they would fix my bow there I would have brought it the monday after it happend. I now have all the tools to do the repairs myself and a lot more knowlageable so I can repair things without relying on others. Just wish I could have got the parts myself.

Destroyer
09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Just cuz I would drive them nuts untill they either gave me a job or had me locked up

Lol! Same here. :D

krys1973
09-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Well parts finaly arived. Aparently martin didn't warrenty cam, axle, or string. The nice thing is the shop isn't charging me any labor, ( not even a martin dealer) he said that since it took so long for parts. Apparently because there martin account was inactive for so long they required a charge card number for the parts to be shipped, martin failed to call them regarding this issue. Only after I called them to see what the hold up was did they call the shop for the card.

Destroyer
09-29-2010, 07:46 PM
The nice thing is the shop isn't charging me any labor

Good. :)

Aparently martin didn't warrenty cam, axle, or string.

Not so good. :(

krys1973
10-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Well got my bow back today, seems to shoot just fine. Alittle noisier then before, but could be from new string? New idler, axle, bushings, and Zebra twist string. When looking for cam lean are you looking at where the string rides in the idler groove, looking at both sides ( front and back) trying to even to the groove. Looking from the back (side your face is on) the string is more to the left, looking from the front the string is more to the left then the center. both seem to be even amounts. Cam looks strait to the limb though. Also how do you all feel about the Zebra twist string?

Destroyer
10-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Cam looks strait to the limb though. Also how do you all feel about the Zebra twist string?

If the idler looks straight when at full draw then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Zebra? Only bought one and it made a 'different' noise, worked ok though, looked good.

krys1973
10-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks desroyer, just a little nervous about shooting it would hate to see it happen again and possably break the string at full draw. It happened to a buddy of mines brother in law and it poped his shooting eye like a grape.The string does make a different noise not so much louder but diferent pop when it hits the sts

Destroyer
10-01-2010, 10:06 PM
If you still have some doubt, take it back and explain. I'm still a little nervous about my bow since the top limb cracked, and its been a while. ;)