Montalaar
09-29-2010, 06:11 AM
Why does nobody want to buy my Razor-X? :/

Is it because of the 30"-33" draw range? o0
Is it because of Martins bad reputation in europe? o0
Is it because i want only 150 for it? o0

alex
09-29-2010, 07:18 AM
The first question is rhetorical i think ;) Haven't heard that Martin have a bad reputation in Europe, but considering the local pro archers i'm not surprised - they know only Hoyt and the arrows priced 200 euros for half a dozen. May be if you want 250 it'll be a better advertisement :D

Spiker
09-29-2010, 07:43 AM
I'll give ya $150 for it.

Montalaar
09-29-2010, 07:47 AM
I started with 350 6 months ago...

When i bought my first Razor-X the people laughed at me and tried to needle me with things like broken limbs and so on. This only wlded me to my bow and Martin so after 4 sets of broken limbs i am still standing behind my bows. But unfortunately Martin has a really bad reputation at least in France and Germany due to some well know shops reporting rumors all the time...

alex
09-29-2010, 08:01 AM
I started with 350 6 months ago...

Does this mean that after 3 more months you'll sell it for 50? By the way, i guess you don't give it with the Nitrous cams, right? ;)

Montalaar
09-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Well... NOS-C-Cams included. Even with Shoot-through.

I wont go below 100€ though.

And, sorry Spiker. I checked transportation costs from here to the US. Around 40€. An i am not sure if it is at all.

alex
09-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Well... NOS-C-Cams included. Even with Shoot-through.

Why, oh why you are so tall!?! ;) :D

Montalaar
09-29-2010, 12:47 PM
you could make the string one inch longer and the cables around .5" shorter. That might make the bow to a 29" one. ;D

alex
09-29-2010, 01:53 PM
:cool: Sorry, Simon, but this is too complicated for me. Hope you'll find a customer soon and please don't drop the price any more, it'd be a crime :)
Why don't you try with the first year students in your university? Nowadays the youngsters are easy to manipulate :D

Montalaar
09-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Alex,

well. I think they do not have a 30-33" draw. I do not know so many people with my drawlength... :/

Destroyer
10-05-2010, 08:01 PM
What is the ATA?

Montalaar
10-05-2010, 11:32 PM
38". Custom Martin with 14" Magnum limbs.

I sold it yesterday. 175 + transportation costs. Makes it 181.90

alex
10-06-2010, 04:28 AM
Congrats! But don't you need a back-up bow, considering your problems with the Shadowcats?

Destroyer
10-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Too short ATA for me but great price. Thinking about getting a finger shooter 43" or longer. :)

Montalaar
10-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Congrats! But don't you need a back-up bow, considering your problems with the Shadowcats?

I've had no problems with them since almost half a year. Those Barnsdale limbs worked wonders. I may try a ShadowCat NOS with my second pair of Nitrous Cams. Spiker may know that i am talking about.. ;D

alex
10-07-2010, 07:12 AM
I've had no problems with them since almost half a year. Those Barnsdale limbs worked wonders. I may try a ShadowCat NOS with my second pair of Nitrous Cams. Spiker may know that i am talking about.. ;D

That's good. Half a year? How fast the time runs! I've got the feeling that we discussed your problems the last month :)
A Shadowcat with a NOS sounds cool - i'll ask again for pictures (if you make it). You'll make the strings yourself i believe, right?

Montalaar
10-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Yepp, i will. I just cut through my left index finger while working on the bow press. Burns as hell.... :/

Spiker
10-07-2010, 07:21 AM
My only hold up now is that I dont have a second set of limbs and I'm not sure I want to change the stock ones. May look at milling the NOS's a bit...

Spiker
10-07-2010, 07:23 AM
yepp, i will. I just cut through my left index finger while working on the bow press. Burns as hell.... :/

ouch !!! :(

Montalaar
10-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Oh.. And i finally destroyed a dozen steel drill bits while cutting some holes. Now i have nothing left and need to find a new solution...

Alex, i found some solid steel today. I covered it with a alloy tubing to make it a bit thicker. Looks great. Should be working great once it is done..

alex
10-07-2010, 08:04 AM
:eek: Dozen drills!?! What kind of materials do you use, my friend? Titanium? I know you have nothing against the chinese goods (me too), but their drills are really crap-work only for wood. Don't use them! Is that why you've cut your finger? Too bad!
There are special drill bits for metal - they are more expensive (3-4 euros for the smaller sizes) but work great - you just need a slower machine, because the fast revolutions are not good for hard metals.
It's good that you've found solid steel - now there should be no problems with the pressure. If you can't put rubber on them, try some plasic hose.

Montalaar
10-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I cut my finger with an angle grinder. I had gloves on but it cut through them and got stuck in the finger. Luckily it did not cut through the whole thing.. I just have to finsd out that it is even worse to write a text with my index finger. -.-

The chinese drill bits broke off. The eastern europe ones (made in .. dunno... somwhere aroudn your area) were blunt after drilling one hole. Well, i'll have to buy some more soon.

alex
10-07-2010, 08:25 AM
:eek: That's a bloody story! Thanks God, you didn't loose a finger!
I've just found one of this drills. Let me see what is written on it.... So:
Hi-Tech/ Pirahna - Black&Decker/ Bayrische Bohrerwerke/ HSS-E Cobalt
For inox, stainless steel and hard metals, use lubrication
Take one of these and forget about the cheaper ones. I'd buy a chinese, but not one made in my area :D

Montalaar
10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I broke 7 HSS ones. ;)

alex
10-07-2010, 12:34 PM
:confused: Don't be offended, but you suck at drilling :D I guess you either use a too light hand drill or a high-speed revolutions (sorry, don't know the English term) drill. May be also drilling pipes or other tubular metal? Do you have a vice? And something with which to mark the metal and to start the hole? (You can even use a steel nail to do this if there's nothing better.) The main reasons for breaking a drill bit are 1.to twist it or the detail sideways while drilling or 2. to hit it at the beginning before the hole is started (seldom).

Montalaar
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I use a very small drill to make a hole that wqill guide the larger ones that follow up. This very small bit is the only one that did not broke yet. All other bits that broke were just used to expand the existing hole a tad. I used a bit that was only .5mm larger than the previous one to prevent too much stress on the bit.

I also use a quite heavy drill in a vise to keep the holes straight.

This leads me to the conclusion that those bits were crap. Just btw.. Black&Decker produces in China also and i ruinedn a .. what was it ... i think an electric handsaw by them just half a year ago.

Well... I tend to ruin most things that are not made to withstand my pure force.. *cough* lol

bfisher
10-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Well... I tend to ruin most things that are not made to withstand my pure force.. *cough* lol

Yeah, like bow limbs. Ya long armed monkey!!!!!!!!

alex
10-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah, B&D tools are made in China, like Einhell, Raider and Bosch :mad: Hope at least the drill bit to be made in the "Bayrische Bohrerwerke" :cool:
Well, your technique looks good from what i read, so i must agree that it is your pure force that destroys the tools. Try to learn how to control it and use it to make good to us, the small people ;)
P.S. Wish you a quick healing of the wounded finger!

Montalaar
10-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeah, like bow limbs. Ya long armed monkey!!!!!!!!

That was a great one. Still laughing. :P

Alex, just as a sidenote.
Those Bosch-things are really great to cut fingers... :P

Bayerische Borherwerke. Never heard of that. But i even do not like Bavaria. Or at least some regions in Bavaria. I will try to proceed my press today. But my handicap will slow me down for sure.

alex
10-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Give your finger a little rest, Simon. The bowpress can wait. As we say here: Don't leave the today's work for tomorrow if you can do it in the day after tomorrow! ;)

Montalaar
10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Finally.... I am done. Means: I am at a point where i can say that my bow press could work. I just need some adjustments and i'll have to fix it to the working desk. But beside those minor things everything is ready to work. Actually i want to paint it black in the future but that may take some more time.

My only fear is that the nut inside the press wont be able to withstand the forces created by pressing the bow.

Oh, and just for your interest: Max ATA: 42.5" =)

alex
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Congratulations! Now it's the time for some pictures.

Montalaar
10-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I will finish the press first. I'll have to insert a cap to both ends of the two steel tubes first.Going to make them out of the alloy scrap metal i have left....

But i have made a pic with my mobile. Just need to find the usb cable...