PDA

View Full Version : Tiger youth bow riser warped... again!

roosclan
09-30-2010, 04:21 PM
I bought a Tiger for my son in '09, but he didn't get to shoot it until this past March (no space to shoot until then) when we found a generous archer willing to give private lessons. In May, my son went on summer vacation with the grandparents to Arkansas, and when he arrived, he noticed that his bow didn't shoot straight any more. His coach looked it over when he started lessons again at the beginning of Sept and pointed out that the riser was warped. Martin's CS was top notch and sent out a new bow right away, which arrived 2 weeks ago.

Today was his first chance to resume lessons, and the new bow is already warped... on its first use! I am very disappointed, as we cannot afford a more expensive bow for my son at the moment. I'm confident that Martin's CS will send us another bow, but I have no confidence that the next bow won't do the same thing. Suggestions?

Destroyer
09-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Suggestions?

Sorry to hear your having trouble. I would try again, it might happen a third time but if it doesn't your confidence will be restored. If it does then its a bad batch or a design problem that Martin needs to know about so they can fix it. Not that it should be your job but if no one complains, they don't know there is a problem.

Otherwise I would be looking for another bow of eBay, pawn shop, etc. :)

alex
10-01-2010, 09:24 AM
How old is your son? If he's too young for the bow he may torque it while drawing, making the plastic riser to warp. I think the designers should have provided the bow against such misuse because it's common with the kids, but who knows. Hope you'll get the bow fixed and your child will enjoy shooting it soon.

roosclan
10-01-2010, 04:09 PM
How old is your son? If he's too young for the bow he may torque it while drawing, making the plastic riser to warp. I think the designers should have provided the bow against such misuse because it's common with the kids, but who knows. Hope you'll get the bow fixed and your child will enjoy shooting it soon.
He's 10.5 y.o. His draw length is already 24", but the bow will only draw back to 22" (from string to front of the riser). He uses a string loop, so that helps, and he just draws back to the stop. He may be too big for this bow already, but my 3rd son (9y.o.) is also interested, so at the least the bow will be passed down to him... IF we can get a Tiger that won't warp.

alex
10-02-2010, 05:16 AM
I guess he's too big for the bow already... It's time the Tiger to go to the younger brother :) If you can't afford a high quality youth bow now you can check the ones made by Perfect Line - they are good and cheap. A 25# compound costs about 70-75$ here.

roosclan
10-02-2010, 07:01 AM
I guess he's too big for the bow already... It's time the Tiger to go to the younger brother :)
The frustrating thing about the Tiger is that it is advertised as having a 24" draw. His coach said the bottom cam needs to be adjusted, so I have a feeling that when the draw weight is increased, the entire string needs to be adjusted.

If you can't afford a high quality youth bow now you can check the ones made by Perfect Line - they are good and cheap. A 25# compound costs about 70-75$ here.
I'll have to check those out.

alex
10-02-2010, 07:10 AM
I'll have to check those out.

I like this model :) http://www.johngunshop.com//bg/%D0%90%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%BD%D 0%B0-%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%86%D 0%B8%D1%8F/951-%D0%AE%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BF%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%82-CO-013G1-KURUPIRA/
This is our local dealer. I'm sure they are available in the States too.

Montalaar
10-03-2010, 05:52 AM
What a joke....

a *.com url and all the text is kyrillic...

alex
10-03-2010, 06:38 AM
They've put pictures for those who can't read cyrillic ;) ...I guess it's because of the price or taxes to maintain a website, Simon, or because of the preferences of the expert who makes the site. :)

roosclan
10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Well, I finally talked to someone today. He wanted me to email pictures of it before they decide what to do. All I wanted was an RMA# to return the blasted thing, then they can look at it all they want to see how warped it is. I was hoping to get the new one in time for my son's scout camp (they'll let him bring his own bow) and get it sighted in, but if this is how slow they're going to go, then it won't get here in time.:mad:

Destroyer
10-04-2010, 06:52 PM
He wanted me to email pictures of it before they decide what to do.

Send the pics then phone straight away. If your son has a 24" draw I'd be looking for another bow imho. :)

roosclan
10-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Send the pics then phone straight away. If your son has a 24" draw I'd be looking for another bow imho. :)

I'll be doing that too, but I have a younger son I was going to hand this one down to, plus it will take time to save the money for a bigger bow. The Tiger is all my son has at the moment and will have at least until Christmas.

Destroyer
10-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Lets hope the problem gets fixed this time then. :)