PDA

View Full Version : some advice please

warwizzard
09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
I have a 70# marting tr1 on the way and upgrading from my old marting lynx at 60#. what would be a good arrow to shoot from that bow aside from carbons as from my experience with carbons they dont fly as well as some of the other arrows

Destroyer
09-30-2010, 09:17 PM
What draw length?

The biggest problem when shooting alloys from modern bows is you end up having to use very big diameter shafts to get the correct spine or heavy shafts. My 2315's (.340) wont spine well enough out of my Pantera @ 30" 70# and I don't want to use 2317's, too heavy for my purpose.

That said, if you don't mind a slower but more stable & quieter setup, then the alloy's are a good choice but we need your draw length first.

Btw, I would never recommend carbons in old bows, they simply don't absorb enough vibration and the bows weren't made to handle them.

:)

warwizzard
10-01-2010, 07:06 AM
30" draw is what i normally set my bows to. oh if it does make a diffrence i also normally use 100 grain for field pts and bh

alex
10-01-2010, 09:48 AM
I used to shoot cheap Al arrows with may MOAB, then moved to Gold Tip Vapor - not a huge difference, but still there's a big difference :D My advice is: use carbon arrows for a newer compound and alluminium ones (or high quality wooden, of course) for a recurve.

Destroyer
10-01-2010, 09:10 PM
If your going to stick with alloy's and don't care about the weight then next it depends on your budget. Easton XX75 Gamegetter's are not as good as they use to be but still ok and cheap. Some 300's (2317) should spine well (maybe a bit stiff) but will be heavy. The 340's (2315) might spine ok for you but didn't tune well enough for me.

If the budget allows it, then the Superslam shafts would be a great choice in 310 (lighter but large diameter) or 300 (heavy).

The Camo's would make an good all round choice.

Whatever the shaft, maybe you should buy just a few and see how they shoot first. There are no guarantees on spine, just an educated guess. :)

justin
10-01-2010, 09:21 PM
340 spline i probably about right. i will shoot some tomarrow =D

u should take your bow to the shop and try carbons out again..... i love them. they dont stay bent either. i hate bending aarows.

warwizzard
10-02-2010, 05:19 AM
thanks for the info all when every they take and send me my bow i might break out the carbons and test them but might go test some superslams and what ever else the semi local shop here has instock that wont bend on me while hunting. budget is no problem here on supplies. shoot dropping $1600 on two bows for me and my son.