PDA

View Full Version : Getting back to archery

BSE
09-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Hello,just purchased a new Sabre with the acu-trak cam,Last martin i owned was a Rage,and a oneida tomcat III, both great shooters and never once let me down.anyway seems like a few things have changed over the years,after reading some the posts on here about limb splitting and breakage has got me wondering if i made a bad choice on brand,(hope thats not the case)my last martin held up for many years without a string change or limb breakage,I can tell you that i've known people to leave their equipment in their vehicals for long periods of time in the heat of the day or on the back of their truck in the blazing sun and thats were i have seen limbs and string problems arise,anyway i got back into shooting cause i started missing all the fun i had when i was shooting before,and im sure theirs more BS flyning around now then back when,anyway anyone else shooting a SABRE, any problems i need to be aware of,I find it hard to believe unless theirs a serious flaw in manufacturing and production and pretty sure MARTIN would be more than happy to address the problem if it were to arise,otherwise i thnk they would be under another name.or out of buisness,so keep the poundage cranked up and keep shooting those superlight arrows to get that blazing out of control speed and unless you really know what your doing,listen to the ones that do know!(an actual proshop or pro shooter)both of witch im not,but over the years that i had been invovled with archery,and just getting back into it im still going to follow those rules so i can spend more time on the range and in the woods than reading about a bunch of bogus crap that so and so said this worked for him or her and im shooting 350fps or whatever, shoot what your comfortable with not what eveyone else is doing or trying to do,inexperiance leads to disaster. sorry for the rant.

Destroyer
09-30-2010, 09:38 PM
My head hurts reading this rant. Some paragraphs would be nice. :(

elkslayer4x5
10-01-2010, 08:38 AM
My head hurts reading this rant. Some paragraphs would be nice. :(

It does make reading much easier. Welcome back to archery, glad you came back!
By the way, space after comma. :)

Ehunter
10-02-2010, 07:21 AM
mostofthelimbproblemshavebeenwiththeFirecatsnotsom uchwiththeotherbowsbutI'msureafewhavehadproblems.M artindoesit'sbesttotakecareofthemthoughanddidagrea tjobwhenIhadproblems.JustthoughtI'dtypethiswaynosp acescommasverylittlepunctuation.rantsarefareasiert oreadwhenproperlytyped. lol

Ray from Auburn
10-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Ehunter you just made my morning.

RobD
10-03-2010, 12:00 AM
I think the sun contributes to a lot of the problems with the limbs cracking like you said. But there are many things that can cause the limb problems that we hear about. People trying to adjust there cams ,to try to get more speed. Not paying attention to draw weight after wrapping cams up. I'm guilty of that. :rolleyes: Or to light of arrows. Bow Presses. Sure theres more. Sure some of the limbs do give. Think about it, thats a lot constant pressure. Nothing perfect. But first thing is to blame the company. Good thing is Martin go above to make things right.:D

Destroyer
10-03-2010, 04:37 AM
mostofthelimbproblemshavebeenwiththeFirecatsnotsom uchwiththeotherbowsbutI'msureafewhavehadproblems.M artindoesit'sbesttotakecareofthemthoughanddidagrea tjobwhenIhadproblems.JustthoughtI'dtypethiswaynosp acescommasverylittlepunctuation.rantsarefareasiert oreadwhenproperlytyped. lol

That is truly terrible, well done lol! :D

elkslayer4x5
10-03-2010, 07:11 AM

Now that I've sprayed coffee everywhere, thank you. Thats harder to do than it seems, sure was funny though! :D