PDA

View Full Version : Bigger valley

ZestyCj7
10-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone.
I have a 05 Couger lll, elite limb, nitrous cams. Set at 57#, 28" dl. I was wondering if anyone might know of a way to get more valley out of it? As it is now I have to hold tight against the stop and if I relax at all it wants to go.
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Don.

elkslayer4x5
10-03-2010, 07:03 AM
That is pretty much the way my C nitrous cams feel, and thats how I shoot them, held back against the wall! :D

Destroyer
10-04-2010, 07:04 PM
You will be looking at different cams really. You might be able to play around with rotation somewhat, but it will be limited. Generally, the more a wheel rotates, the longer the valley. not sure how much you can get out of them.

As it is now I have to hold tight against the stop and if I relax at all it wants to go.

That's how you get the speed. One good thing, no creeping forward, makes you more consistent. Is this a new bow for you? It takes time to get use to them.

bfisher
10-05-2010, 03:36 AM
That's how you get the speed. One good thing, no creeping forward, makes you more consistent. Is this a new bow for you? It takes time to get use to them.[/QUOTE]

This is good advice here. You need to read Core Archery by Larry Wise, one of the best bow techs in the world. Once you establish back tension you should NEVER relax those muscles intil the shot has happened.

If you are having problems staying against the wall then it's possible the draw length is a touch too long and/or draw weight is a little more than you can handle.

The Nitrous cams are not the easiest to get used to because they don't suddenly drop into the valley like a lot of others, but it is what I consider the smoothest drawing speed cam I've ever shot.

Destroyer
10-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I went from Hoyt 'energy' wheels to PSE NRG and I swear, I was going to sell the bow the same day I received it. Took weeks to get use to it because my form wasn't as good as I thought it was.

Haven't read that book yet bfisher, its on the to do list though. :)