PDA

View Full Version : nock is very high

Unregistered
10-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I just had my new Pantera set up and tuned the nock is very high almost 1" above parallel. I know the bows I have had in the past were about 1/8" above. This is the only place I can shot "bullet holes" threw paper. The real problem is that it doesn't give me much room on my front sights...
any suggestions?

gibson 787
10-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I've had the same problem with single cam bows. What I do is set the nock position at about 3/16" high, then paper tune by adjusting the limbs with the draw weight bolts. It's a trial and error scenario, for example, increase the DW on the top limb by a 1/4 of a turn and decrease the DW on the bottom limb by a 1/4 turn then see how the paper hole is. If it's worse, go back to the way it was and do the reverse. If it's better, repeat the exercise until it's right.

It's a bit time consuming, but it gets results. Good luck

RobD
10-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Just because you can shot bullets, after paper tuning doesn't mean your bow is tuned correctly. Broadhead tune you bow.Shooting a broadhead at the target, then shoot a field tip at the same spot you were aiming at with your broadhead.they should be pretty close if your bow is tuned correctly. If there not then move your rest, bring the broadhead to your field point.Heres a You tube video that might help. Hope it helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm_mBH9lhRw

Destroyer
10-03-2010, 04:57 AM
Like gibson 787 said. And watch the cam rotation too, mine tuned much easier with less rotation. What rest are you using btw?

FireHawk Owner
10-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Just because you can shot bullets, after paper tuning doesn't mean your bow is tuned correctly. Broadhead tune you bow.Shooting a broadhead at the target, then shoot a field tip at the same spot you were aiming at with your broadhead.they should be pretty close if your bow is tuned correctly. If there not then move your rest, bring the broadhead to your field point.Heres a You tube video that might help. Hope it helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm_mBH9lhRwThank you ROBD. I have my arrows shooting bullets through paper.Thought that meant , my bow was tuned. I have been trying to figure out how to get my broadheads to shot the same as my field points.my Mathews it pretty close. But last year with my Firehawk I practiced with my field points. But when hunting came, I had to sight it in to my broadheads. Then after hunting season I had to sight it in to my field points.It really was a real pain.Thank you again, going to fix my bow. If this works out. I think I will be shooting my Firehawk a lot more.:D

timtim146
10-04-2010, 07:04 PM
can you send pics of your cams timing? cam has to be timed wrong what is the b/h measuring to?