PDA

View Full Version : Need new stabilizer?

Money Man
10-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I am new to the sport, got a used bow 4 weeks ago from a friend who upgraded to a Firecat. I have been shooting and noticing the bow seemed too loud to hunt with. Went to a bow hunter course, and listened to others shoot and their bows seemed a lot quieter. Thanks to these forums, I found my noise is coming from the stabilizer. It may be the original one my buddy put on in 02. Looking for suggestions for something quiet and inexpensive so I can be ready for the deer season in 2 weeks. Thanks.

dragonsfire311
10-02-2010, 07:21 PM
limb saver,trophy ridge, and octane make good ones. is it giving off a vibration?any hand shock?

timtim146
10-02-2010, 10:04 PM
yeah i like octanes stabilizers for being cheap and get rid of alot of noise and vibration.

RobD
10-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Take the stabilizer that you have on it off, and see how it shots. Could just be that stabilizer, cause the stabilizer should never make noise, no matter how bad the vibration is. should be a temporary solution for the noise.Good luck.

Money Man
10-03-2010, 01:54 AM
I have not noticed any vibration or hand shock, however, being new to shooting, I may have been thinking too much about other things. I was quite happy when I stopped hitting my wrist with the string. I will check it out.

Thanks for the idea of removing the stabilizer. I never thought of that. The stabilizer seems like it has a metal rod inside, and there is a metal washer, or spacer in the middle between two pieces of rubber, while I was checking it, a piece of rubber came off that looked like an o-ring, I think that may be the problem, allowing the washer to slap the rod inside. Thanks for the info.

Destroyer
10-03-2010, 04:58 AM
limb saver

Yep, X-Coil. :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-03-2010, 01:37 PM
s coil by limb saver or latest x coil by limb saver

Destroyer
10-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Not sure if my X-Coil is any better than my S-Coil. Both work well, just a different look.

Money Man
10-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I picked up an x-coil on the way to work tonight. Can't wait to put it on tomorrow and try it out.

Money Man
10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Replaced the stabilizer and had enough time between rain drops to get in a couple shots. X-coil worked very good, the bow is now quiet enough, I could hear one of the vanes coming loose on one of the arrows. Thanks to all for the help.