PDA

View Full Version : rollers instead of slider

Unregistered
10-03-2010, 05:30 PM
i have a 2010 warthog mag can i get rid of the cable slider and order a wheel system instead thanks for the feed back

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Yes you can change it to a ccs system. They came with either or.
Hutch

SonnyThomas
10-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Don't want to be The Doubting Henry, but I hope they're better than Mathews'. I just sent another Mathews owner with with roller problems to a Mathews dealer. Evidently that little axle and bushings have a lot of stress on them.

MastaMarksman
10-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Mathews roller system is a reverse roller system, it's COMPLETELY different than the CCS system.

I have the CCS system on my '09 Cheetah, I upgraded from the slide and I love it. It definitly feels smoother.

-Masta

ezbite
10-04-2010, 07:43 PM
i dont think you can, my warthog doesnt have the machined pocket my alien has where the roller frame connects to the riser. i know its a different bow, but it is the same roller system. id call joel at martin. he'll know.

Destroyer
10-04-2010, 07:51 PM
i have a 2010 warthog mag can i get rid of the cable slider

Why? Cable wear?

bfisher
10-05-2010, 03:28 AM
I'm still not completely sold on the CCS. I've got bows with it and without it. My lien Z has one and I don't care for the extra fletching clearance it gives. Way too much side load for my liking. With the advice of another person on here I actually put a washer under the front side of it between the CCS bracket and riser to change the angle of it so now there is only about 1/8" clearcance instead of the 3/4" or so that it originally had. I figure this should reduce the angle at which the cables enter the modules which should reduce serving wear and resulting friction. Might even end up producing a touch more speed due to less friction.

I'm really curious to see the new 2011 torque reducing cable rod system. Only a couple days left till it pops up on their website.

KStigall
10-05-2010, 06:05 AM
I'm still not completely sold on the CCS. I've got bows with it and without it. My lien Z has one and I don't care for the extra fletching clearance it gives. Way too much side load for my liking. With the advice of another person on here I actually put a washer under the front side of it between the CCS bracket and riser to change the angle of it so now there is only about 1/8" clearcance instead of the 3/4" or so that it originally had. I figure this should reduce the angle at which the cables enter the modules which should reduce serving wear and resulting friction. Might even end up producing a touch more speed due to less friction.

I'm really curious to see the new 2011 torque reducing cable rod system. Only a couple days left till it pops up on their website.

I'm right there with you on the roller guards. I really don't see the necessity though it does look 'neater'. But in my mind it's another thing that could possibly cause a "glitch". Though the Alien-Z has a roller guard I wouldn't change a thing because for me it's such good shooting bow.

dragonsfire311
10-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Has anyone heard if hoyt or bowtech has had problems with their rollers also?