PDA

View Full Version : Pantera nocking point

enovotny
10-04-2010, 08:50 AM
I was noticing that my nocking point on the string of my Pantera is about 3/16 to 1/4 inch high. I was always taught that the nocking point should be about an 1/8 inch high. I'm not unappy with with the way it is shooting as I have broadhead tuned it and am getting the same impact point with broadheads or points. I haven't "paper tuned", because I don't put a lot of faith in the method. I was just wondering if the Pantera would shoot best with a level nocking point or more traditional 1/8 inch high. I shoot it at 60 lbs. and 400 spine beaman ICS 27 in. and 100 gr. heads.

Thanks,

Spiker
10-04-2010, 09:57 AM
If your FP's and BH's are shooting the same then your nock point is in the right place. There is no 'set' spot for it to be. The 1/8", 1/4" whatever, is just a starting point. Where it actually ends up being is where it shoots best for you. Sounds like your there.

RobD
10-04-2010, 10:14 AM
I was noticing that my nocking point on the string of my Pantera is about 3/16 to 1/4 inch high. I was always taught that the nocking point should be about an 1/8 inch high. I'm not unappy with with the way it is shooting as I have broadhead tuned it and am getting the same impact point with broadheads or points. I haven't "paper tuned", because I don't put a lot of faith in the method. I was just wondering if the Pantera would shoot best with a level nocking point or more traditional 1/8 inch high. I shoot it at 60 lbs. and 400 spine beaman ICS 27 in. and 100 gr. heads.

Thanks,Like Spiker said, Your bow is tuned perfect if broadheads and field points are hitting the same spot. Papertuning is good but there are more steps after that you paper tune.Like Broadhead tuning. I don't even paper tune my bows anymore, I just go straight to bh tuning. It much quicker that way. Even the guy I shoot 3D with, don't even hunt and they BH tune there bows to dial it in.Welcome to the Forum.

enovotny
10-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks a lot for your replies. I have to drive a ways to have bow work done, so I'm starting to acquire some tools and do my bow work myself. Kind of learning as I go. There is a lot of good advice here on the forum. Thanks again.

Destroyer
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM
would shoot best with a level nocking point or more traditional 1/8 inch high.

There is no traditional point really, most set the arrow level as a starting point but it ends up where it needs to be, hopefully. :)