PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcat potential upgrade??? Need some input

undmartin
10-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Ok so I have a pretty long DL at around 31.5 and am thinking that a shadowcat with the hybrix cams on it would be a really sweet shooting rig. Ever since i purchased my alien z i have really found that I prefer the hybrix cam to the cat cams. Im not the best with figuring out specs on bows so can anyone enlighten me as to what this cam change will do to ATA, brace and general specs? I know that it will be in my DL range

SonnyThomas
10-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I don't believe there is a lot difference between the two cams. I had a first run Shadowcat (jet black) that had the Cat Cam 1.5 with hybrix mods. I questioned this and was told that the cams were very similiar.

Montalaar
10-06-2010, 10:51 PM
The bow wont change. Hybrix and CAT-Cam are quite similar in their design. Cable and String track are almost the same. Only the cutouts differ. THe only thing that changes the feeling is the module you use. There are 3 or 4 different types of modules for the Cat cam out to this point. If you get a set of 'Hybrix' modules you will get the same draw cycle as if you use one.

undmartin
10-07-2010, 03:19 PM
so string and cable lengths will essentially be the same as listed on the website?

Montalaar
10-07-2010, 11:12 PM
They should not change that much, right.