PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting started again

Unregistered
10-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Ok I am thinking hard about getting started bow hunting again. I have some questions though.

1-I have a late 80s Lynx Magnum m-7. The bow was my fathers so I do have some attachment to it. It is in pristine shape. My question on this bow would be.
1a-Has the technology on bows advanced so much in the 10-20 since this bow was produced that it would be to my advantage to buy a new bow?
1b- This bow has not been fired in years. Would it be advisable to take it some place and just have it looked over and maybe have the string replaced?

Myk
10-30-2006, 02:26 PM
1a-Has the technology on bows advanced so much in the 10-20 since this bow was produced that it would be to my advantage to buy a new bow?
Yes.
I have a Lynx Unicam, it was a very accurate bow in its day and other than the draw length being over-rated and making it very hard for me to shoot without short stringing I really liked it and shot it for about 10 years.
I never pick it up now that I have newer bows. My intention was to use it as a back up, until I shot the newer bow, then I bought a second new bow as a back up.

It's a nice riser that some people look for to build target recurves out of. But it's heavy for a compound bow by today's standard and the grip is more suitable to traditional bows than modern compounds.

1b- This bow has not been fired in years. Would it be advisable to take it some place and just have it looked over and maybe have the string replaced?
At least for the string change. That way you know how many shots are on the string.
I doubt if there is anything wrong with the working parts unless they were wrong before the bow was set aside.