PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Panther question

Unregistered
10-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Hello, Purchased new in 2000 at Dick's. Now that I am getting back into hunting deer after almost ten years of hunting terrorists, I want to use carbon arrows. What options do I have. Currently using Eston 2314.

These are the bow specs:
Model: Panther
Limb: ??? (looks like fiberglass to me)
Cam: FUZION CAM
Draw Weight: 55-70
Draw Lenght: 29
String length: 97
Bow Number: 6YY31
Assembled by: Michael Bahm

bfisher
10-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Need a little more info. At what draw weight do you figure to shoot the bow?

p7crow
10-11-2010, 05:31 AM
The draw is set at about 60-65. Going to have it checked out again soon.

Was told I could use 150 Spine Defection arrows, Have no idea what that means... Plan on hunting in Florida if that helps. thanks again

bfisher
10-11-2010, 11:10 AM
The draw is set at about 60-65. Going to have it checked out again soon.

Was told I could use 150 Spine Defection arrows, Have no idea what that means... Plan on hunting in Florida if that helps. thanks again

I see you have registered. Thanks for that. And a big THANYOU for putting your life on the line so that I may continue to live my life. Now, if you please, fill out your profile so we might get to know more about you. And lastly, welcome to the Tech Forum.

OK, this is a slightly older bow. Nothing wrong with that. Using your present arrow as a guide and working with Easton's shaft selector you're right between a .400 spine and a .340 spine. Personally I'd choose the .340. It's a little stiffer than your 2314's, but would give you the option of cranking up the draw weight if so choose.

I don't know who gave you the advice about a 150 spine. That is totally incorrect. When you shop for arrows be sure to pay attention to spine deflection. Many shafts (arrows) are not labeled with the actual spine on them. Carbon Express is one such company. They put number on such as 250 or 350 (.337 spine). Others like Gold Tip may say 5575 (.400) or 7595
(.340). Easton/Beman arrows are marked with the actual spine rating. Make sure you get the correct spine rating.

You can get on Easton's website and use their arrow selection gizmo. Just plug in your bow's specs and it'll show you what you need. Take note that your 2314's have a deflection of .340. Use this for comparison purposes.

While you're there you may as well download a copy of the Tuning and Maintenance Guide. It'll come in handy over the years.

Need any more help you can always come back here. We're here to help. We're not factory boys. Just archers helping archers, and a very good group at that.

Barry

FireHawk Owner
10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Thank you for standing up for our country!!!!:D

Destroyer
10-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Take note that your 2314's have a deflection of .340. Use this for comparison purposes.

Be carefull about that, carbons at the same static spine shoot stiffer than alloys. My 2315's are .340 but don't spine any where near as good as my 7595's. Having said that, the 340 won't be too far off, possibly a bit stiff but that wont hurt much.

Like bfisher said, get the Tuning and Maintenance Guide, its free! :)

p7crow
10-16-2010, 06:08 AM
Hoping to get to a local bow shop today. Will check out what they have and post some updates here. Thnx again for the help...