PDA

View Full Version : fury of my martin bone hunter

J758
10-09-2010, 05:27 AM
I shot a doe october 2! First harvest! Quatering away 380 grain total weight 85 grain magnus stinger buzz cuts! I did not realize a arrow is that lethal!
I was sitting in my stand and at 841 am I unleashed hell upon a doe. Right in the boiler room! I was very focoused in my stand waited 41 min. To get down and go check it out. I got down and to my amazement no arrow. Just fletching with gut shot smell and lots of pink blood. So I thought gut shot. I track and find a massive blood trail. I take one step over this blood pool and 50 yards to my amazement I see my doe! She's laying down bleeding with her head goin back and forth. I'm still thinking bad shot cause I'm so pumped. So here I am 50 yards away with a shooting lane. I think I shoot I miss she is gone. I range her to see for sure yeah 50 yards. I'm pumped shakeing with a arrow nocked and drawed half way back. I watched her for 30 min. Still same thing. So I draw back direct hit. She tries to get up slow. So this time I send my heavy arrow 481 total grain right in to her heart then it was over. I go to the deer and the first shot went in mid side went out through her chest and took out all vitals! The other 2 weren't needed. But ended suffering. And damaged no meat. I jumped up and doiwn and screamed! And no one around to hear except the birds! Lol.

Destroyer
10-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Very honest story, well done. :D

I jumped up and doiwn and screamed! And no one around to hear except the birds! Lol.

Yeah, pretty exciting stuff this hunting.

Btw, some paragraphs would make it easier to read. ;)

J758
10-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Your right!!! Nuttin like hunting with a bow! I think I will leave the shotgun at home from now on!