PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Saber-Bow String Stopper question

XFishBobX
10-09-2010, 02:24 PM
I recently purchased a 2010 Saber and was wondering what String stoppers I can purchase for the bow, I have the front stabelizer and want the back side one that stops the string. I apologize if I am not calling it the correct name but I am new to this archery thing and just want my bow to be as quiet as possible when I am out hunting, thanks for all the help in advance!:eek:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-09-2010, 04:40 PM
I recently purchased a 2010 Saber and was wondering what String stoppers I can purchase for the bow, I have the front stabelizer and want the back side one that stops the string. I apologize if I am not calling it the correct name but I am new to this archery thing and just want my bow to be as quiet as possible when I am out hunting, thanks for all the help in advance!:eek:

String stoppers go by many names(STS, String Tamer, etc.).
I assume you that your string stopper hole is not threaded, so I would recommend going with Martin's own STS. It only costs $19.99 at our Martin dealer.

Destroyer
10-09-2010, 04:45 PM
just want my bow to be as quiet as possible when I am out hunting

My 2010 Pantera is quieter with catwiskers and no stop, more of a mechanical 'thunk' with the stop. Not surprising considering its connected to the riser. ;)

J758
10-10-2010, 08:09 AM
My sts works loose I just sanded a flat spot for the screw to stay. They work great for me. Just keep it credit card thickness away from string. That works best for me. Also my bow is a little louder with it off too. Destroyery is right about whiskers they help a lot! I put em on by old back up. But my bone hunter has nuttin on the string and is very quiet. Shot a doe and she didn't know it was comeing. Also arrow weight will help to keep er quiet too! Heavier ones quiet lighter ones louder.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
XFishBobX, when you install the STS, try moving it different distances from the string. Every bow is different, some are quieter with the STS touching the string, and others like a distance between the STS and the string.

XFishBobX
10-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the help!

RobD
10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Just like Hutch and Son said every bows different. My bow is allot quieter, with the STS just barely touching the string. Just have someone listen while you adjust the different ways. Cause a person not shooting the bow can hear it better. Good Luck enjoy.

polaris754
10-11-2010, 03:13 PM
hey i do have to agree with destroyer , cat wiskers werk just fine on my bow , i do know one thing the more u put into it the worst it will get :eek:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Just have someone listen while you adjust the different ways. Cause a person not shooting the bow can hear it better. Good Luck enjoy.

I definitely agree. +1:D

polaris754
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
simple is the key hear folks :rolleyes:

FireHawk Owner
10-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Cat whiskers do a great job. And they didn't slow down my arrow at all..