PDA

View Full Version : Quiver for cougar magnam

robm1093
10-10-2010, 03:11 PM
What would be a good quiver for the cougar magnum? I like the detachable ones if so I can take it off wan I get up a tree.

robm1093
10-10-2010, 03:33 PM
I am thinking about geting the wild man 4, do they make a 5? or the2x4 two piece, I cant mout on the sight so this one might be best.

robm1093
10-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I think the wild 2x4 two pice will do but I have an HHa sportsa sight it's a one pin Adjustable sight I am just hoping the arrows donít get in the way of the adjustment pin that sticks out on that side.

Destroyer
10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
What would be a good quiver for the cougar magnum? I like the detachable ones if so I can take it off wan I get up a tree.

I like the kwikee quivers, good value and made well compared to other cheapies. :)

Money Man
10-10-2010, 06:22 PM
I have an 02 Cougar mag, and although I am new to archery, the bow was from a friend who upgraded to a new bow. Mine has a Bohning lynx 4 which is removable and seems to be very quiet, however, it seems the base is prone to breaking along the mounting holes, and at $8 a piece for new bases, it might be worth finding something else. Just in case you had looked at the bohning. Good luck.

RobD
10-10-2010, 07:54 PM
I am using a Alpine Soft lock .It is the best quiver I have ever had.It doesn't make a sound either.It come in 3-5-7 arrows. About your sight adjustment screw that might be posibly in the way.They make a high rise adaptor, That moves your quiver up 2' and over toward your cam side 1 1/2".A coulpe companys make them, Here one to take a look at. http://cgi.ebay.com/Kwikee-Kwiver-Co-Inc-Hi-Riser-Quiver-Mt-Bracket-Blk-/370422200006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563ee236c6 Good luck

elkslayer4x5
10-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Remember that Martin also makes a couple of fine quivers. Although it's a pretty ambitious archer who fills up the Super Quiver as it holds 10 arrows. They have several models of their 'Wildman series, most of which mount onto the barrel limb nuts. I'm using a tru-Glo cheapie 5 arrow mounted right to my HHA OL 5519, and have no trouble reaching the slider knob. That is when I have it on the bow, mostly put it on the bow to travel so I can keep them togaher, Hate shooting with the quiver on the bow. I usually just carry it. Slip an arrow out, drop it, and I'm ready. :cool: