PDA

View Full Version : Bow fishing setup

Louis Schutte
10-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Any recommendations for a set up on a Martin Jaguar take down at 45lbs for bow fishing????

alex
10-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Something simple i'd say. By the way you can make the set up yourself and buy only the fishing arrows. There are some Youtube videos which can give you some ideas (one of them is mine but haven't tested it on a real fish yet :o :D ).

FireHawk Owner
10-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Make sure your Bows tuned correctly. If it is not you will have a hard time hitting anything. Thats the biggest thing with Bow fishing. There a many differant set ups. As he said You tube will show some different set ups. I just have fishing arrow and point, with the real that screws into were your stablizer goes. I works perfect. You will be addicted after the first time.

RobD
10-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Never thought of this :confused: I bet it would be a blast. I go fish giging at least 3 times a month. I have a Carolina skiff that would work perfect for this. I probably could do it by my self if I had to, being that the trolling motor on my boat is steered with a foot control. Ohh boy my wifes really going to hate me now. Being she says I'm always out Doing my thing. LOL

SonnyThomas
10-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Wish I could say I tuned my fishing rig, but it was a "throw together" thing made of stuff laying around the shop. My first shot last year connected :D

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?t=7804