PDA

View Full Version : martin 2011 catalog

ezbite
10-11-2010, 11:16 AM
wasnt the 2011 catalog suppost to be online 10/10/10 i cant find it anywhere. can someone hook me up with a link? i needs me fix.LOL.:rolleyes:

RobD
10-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Don't think it out yet.:mad: Don't know whats going on.Been waiting.:confused::confused:

bfisher
10-11-2010, 11:44 AM
We're pretty much all in the same boat.

FireHawk Owner
10-11-2010, 11:54 AM
:confused::confused::confused:

Montalaar
10-11-2010, 01:45 PM
http://www.martinarchery.com/catalogs/Martin_Archery_2011_Catalog_150dpi.pdf

Montalaar
10-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Well...
Scepter gone, no new Target bow but loads of 32" and less in AtA bows. Warthog got removed but not replaced. There is nothing between the 42.5" ShadowCat and the 32" Firecat/Onza. Saaaaaaad!

Destroyer
10-11-2010, 02:28 PM
No 35" bows? :(

Good work on finding that link mate. :)

dragonsfire311
10-11-2010, 03:59 PM
somebody fibbed on the release date me thinks arrrrgggg

bfisher
10-11-2010, 04:11 PM
I don't see anything in the standard production line that light a fire under my azz. Closest thing that might do me is a custom Onza with 1.5 cams. Looks like I'll be trying to find out what Rytera is going to offer---again.

Sure glad I didn't lose any sleep last night waiting for this. Frankly it's a total disappointment for this short draw archer.

C Bailey
10-11-2010, 04:43 PM
The Pantera vs. Firecat arguement is even worse this time. Firecat 400 vs Silencer, Firecat 360 vs Ridge Hunter, Pantera vs Ridge Hunter? They could remove several bows in that lineup and not lose any functionality. I have never understood why they need the Pro vs. Gold lineup, but now they actually have the same bows in each lineup with different names.

Why are hybrid cam bows (Onza, Silencer) in the Gold lineup when they will undoubtedly be more expensive than the single cam Pro lineup bows? Do they really expect to source Gold series hybrid cam bows at box stores?

Why bother keeping the Pantera with the old grip style with the addition of the new Ridgeline?

Are the new stock strings used across the board an upgrade for the Golds or a downgrade for the Pros?

I'm not trying to bash, but it seems like a strange lineup. That Onza looks pretty nice but it is disappointing that at less than 34" it is the longest bow in the lineup, except for the 41" Shadowcat. It seems that the resources needed to create and stock duplicate bows with nothing more than a tweak of the riser cutouts could have been better used creating a more diverse lineup. I would love to have seen a Warthog with a tad more BH. Did the Warthog not sell well? I wonder if they will drop the Rytera Alien Z as well.

ezbite
10-11-2010, 04:49 PM
thanks for the link, i now know im saving up for a new Glock and keeping my alien X. at least the back cover has an outstanding view:cool:

bfisher
10-11-2010, 05:00 PM
thanks for the link, i now know im saving up for a new Glock and keeping my alien X. at least the back cover has an outstanding view:cool:

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montalaar
10-11-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't see anything in the standard production line that light a fire under my azz. Closest thing that might do me is a custom Onza with 1.5 cams. Looks like I'll be trying to find out what Rytera is going to offer---again.

Sure glad I didn't lose any sleep last night waiting for this. Frankly it's a total disappointment for this short draw archer.

It is even more of a disappointment dor this long draw archer. There are plenty bows for you short guys but only one same for the long guy.

dragonsfire311
10-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Didn't see anything that jumped out at me, think I'll be staying with prowler a little longer. That said I would like to physically take a look at a couple of them.

SonnyThomas
10-12-2010, 06:05 AM
Must be nice to at least see the new catalog... I don't know what it is, but everytime I try to download I get about 28 K and it stops downloading. I've cleaned up disc, defragged, and even performed Saftey on Line from Micro Soft. Nothing. If I stop it, and that's doing some work, and get it to go again I can get up to 56 K. I went to Hoyt site and download PDFs like as quick as any PDF.

alex
10-12-2010, 07:39 AM
I also can't open the pdf file - only the first page. Guess i'll wait for the updating of the website. But after reading all the comments i'm not so anxious :rolleyes: May be after all the negativism if i say that the 2011 bows are absolutely amazing, would kill for them, etc. Martin would give me a free one :D

elkslayer4x5
10-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Take me back to 2006, had plenty of great bows, Wonderfull cams, limb choices, and almost all the options you could shake an arrow at. Ah yes, the good old days..........:D

RobD
10-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm not impressed at all with them. I definitely don't like the new STS system placement. Bet there will be problems with that.Think I will wait this year out to get another bow.

Destroyer
10-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Ah yes, the good old days

2006 is the old days lol! :D

No mention of 'cast magnesium' riser in the 2011.

ezbite
10-13-2010, 08:13 PM
2006 is the old days lol! :D

No mention of 'cast magnesium' riser in the 2011.

i used to have a cast magnesium softball bat that i hit a hardball with one day at softball practice, i then had a 2 piece bat. broke in half right where i hit the ball. looked like someone cut it with a saw, so much for that $300 bat:mad: not sure you want to accidently drop a magnesium bow....

bfisher
10-14-2010, 02:47 PM
i used to have a cast magnesium softball bat that i hit a hardball with one day at softball practice, i then had a 2 piece bat. broke in half right where i hit the ball. looked like someone cut it with a saw, so much for that $300 bat:mad: not sure you want to accidently drop a magnesium bow....

As amtter of fact I've had several bows in the past that had cast magnesium risers. As late as 1992 or so Darton had high end bows made of Magnesium. Rarely were there many p[roblems with magnesium. Most of the bows from back then that had problems were those with cast aluminum risers, but even those were fairly rare occurrances. Most problems were because of air or sand pockets within the risers from the casting procedure. That's what really lead to the process of machined aluminum. CNC machines came on the scene and made the process more cost effective than casting.

SonnyThomas
10-14-2010, 02:58 PM
i used to have a cast magnesium softball bat that i hit a hardball with one day at softball practice, i then had a 2 piece bat. broke in half right where i hit the ball. looked like someone cut it with a saw, so much for that $300 bat:mad: not sure you want to accidentally drop a magnesium bow....

I have a Hoyt MagnaTec, yes magnesium riser. I used it to jack up my farm tractor and bust up some concrete and it still shot good.

Destroyer
10-14-2010, 08:18 PM
so much for that $300 bat

:eek: Would steam me up too, $300!

Like bfisher said the old bows were magnesium, not much trouble. They burned well though. :D

baerman
10-15-2010, 06:12 AM
I've still got an old Bear First Strike XLR......still shoot it, too. Rated at IBO of 252 fps (540 grains/70lbs/30", I believe). It has a magnesium riser that'll build your arms up it's so heavy, but it'll still stack arrows on top of each other. Has glass/carbon limbs.....and they've never even thought about coming apart, even after many, many thousands of launches. Love that old bow......

Spiker
10-15-2010, 08:01 AM
I still have a couple magnesium risered bows that still shoot fine too.