PDA

View Full Version : 2010 60# Bengal

Unregistered
10-11-2010, 09:18 PM
I just purchased this new Bengal, shoots fine, but seems very loud. Does anyone have the same problem?

bfisher
10-12-2010, 02:49 AM
These bows are usually pretty quiet. Two things that might be. Maybe you are hearing it as loud when it really isn't. This happens a lot. That, or the cam might be wrapped up too much. Over rotated cams can make the bow louder.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Bfisher is right, they usually are quiet. I have a 2010 Bengal 70# that was loud, because the cam was over clocked. A few adjustments and it quieted down. Now all I need is limb savers or something equal.

Destroyer
10-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Put catwiskers on it 'Unregistered'. ;)

Now all I need is limb savers or something equal.

I'm going to try the SIMS Recurve Limsaver next like oncechance suggested a while back.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-12-2010, 04:30 PM
I am trying X Factor limb Dampeners. To match the string X Factors.

J758
10-13-2010, 12:50 AM
I'd check every inch and make sure nuttins loose. Then I'd have another friend listen while u shoot. Cat wiskers work great too! Gottem on a older bow of mine that isn't a martin.

duey1977
10-13-2010, 11:46 AM
i think mine is loud also. and feels like a vibration in it as well, my buddy feels it in it as well.

Destroyer
10-13-2010, 01:58 PM
My 2010 Pantera has more noise than my 2007, some of that I put down to weight reduction in the riser. String material is different too.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Look guys I've owned an 07 and now a 2010 Bengal. Both were loud when the specs were not right. When I didn't have a sts system. Also with the new roto cups, the limbs act like tuning forks. So you need to have limb dampeners as well. Also if the cam is over rotated or under rotated it will vibrate when it hits the string. When I took out all the factors one by one it got quieter and quieter.
Hope this helps.:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-13-2010, 02:11 PM
String material is different too.

Yeah I forgot to mention that too! Once I built a new custom string that helped to.

Destroyer
10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
What material? The new Martin strings are made from BCY Trophy, ever used it?

joelc
10-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Look guys I've owned an 07 and now a 2010 Bengal. Both were loud when the specs were not right. When I didn't have a sts system. Also with the new roto cups, the limbs act like tuning forks. So you need to have limb dampeners as well. Also if the cam is over rotated or under rotated it will vibrate when it hits the string. When I took out all the factors one by one it got quieter and quieter.
Hope this helps.:cool:

I've owned several Bengals and Cheetahs and never experienced anything like you are describing...limbs savers are not required equipment for either bow.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-13-2010, 02:50 PM
What material? The new Martin strings are made from BCY Trophy, ever used it?

All the BCY Trophy is, 452x blended with gore fiber. Very good product and great reviews. It is a longer lasting material. Bow-tech Octane strings are made with it. And many custom string builders are now using it. As far as me using it, my bow came with the yellow string :eek: and I haven't had a chance to build one yet.

duey1977
10-13-2010, 03:07 PM
i checked the limb measurement and its right on spec, and it also has limbsaver dampers on the limbs.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-13-2010, 03:16 PM
I've owned several Bengals and Cheetahs and never experienced anything like you are describing...limbs savers are not required equipment for either bow.

So is the vibration at the end of the stroke normal Joelc. If it is I apologize for recommending anything not necessary.

Destroyer
10-13-2010, 07:40 PM
my bow came with the yellow string

Same with mine, not really impressed with them. Had to redo the center serving and the rest of the serving isn't good but I'll let that go for another day. Got some experimenting to do.

If it is I apologize for recommending anything not necessary.

They might not be recommended, but since manufactures have pushed these things as must haves its not surprising ppl still use them. Wasn't long ago they came as standard.

Btw Hutchy, what end serving do you use?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-14-2010, 01:47 AM
Btw Hutchy, what end serving do you use?
It all depends on the size posts. On the small post, the end servings I use a bcy 2x, and then serve it with bcy 3d. If they are normal size posts I serve them all with bcy 3d. Thats usually the standard way. But there are many ways of doing it.

Destroyer
10-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I serve them all with bcy 3d. Thats usually the standard way.

What I thought. I have some Brownell # 4 for tying in peeps, drop rests, etc, but its too soft for end servings. Cheers! :)