PDA

View Full Version : martin cheetah and fobs???

Martin cheetah
10-12-2010, 06:43 PM
i really want to get fobs for my martin cheetah 2008 model.im having fletching clearance problems because im using to small of a spine but i want to shoot fobs... is it worth it???

martin cheetah 08 #60
junior 40 lb max arrows (im getting rid of them)
stock sight
g5 string peep
homemade sting stop (works well)
trophy taker arrow rest

J758
10-13-2010, 12:41 AM
I would just start with a low profile 4 inch straight fletch vane. A lot of your problems have been under sined arrow. You should watch a video on what a arrow does upon release. Go slow. Be patient. I'm sure your aware by now there is a lot more things to worry about than just a properly spined arrow. Find a pro shop! A good one!
Dicks and places like that are better to buy soccer balls for kids! Get with someone that knows what they are selling.

J758
10-13-2010, 12:45 AM
O. Not that a properly spined arrow isn't important cause it is!!!! That's step one IMO. PRO SHOP!! A real one! Then when u learn do small stuff and before u know it. Your hooked!!! Lol.

Martin cheetah
10-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Thanks for all the help. Do you think the under spine arrow is the cause for the fletching contact on the right side of my rest

FireHawk Owner
10-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Do you think the under spine arrow is the cause for the fletching contact on the right side of my rest
For sure, The arrow is flexing to much. Get yourself some new arrows ASAP! Everthing will come together after that.

ezbite
10-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all the help. Do you think the under spine arrow is the cause for the fletching contact on the right side of my rest

one word.....YES!!:rolleyes:

elkslayer4x5
10-14-2010, 06:50 AM
one word.....YES!!:rolleyes:

And in four more words; Yeah, what he said! :rolleyes:

Destroyer
10-14-2010, 08:27 PM
junior 40 lb max arrows (im getting rid of them)

Don't just thought them away though, they could be a handy thing to keep around. You can make some handy stuff from old arrows too. :)

jonico
10-18-2010, 03:25 AM
there is less wind drift with the FOBs, there also appears to be more drag with the FOBs.

timtim146
10-18-2010, 06:29 AM
If you really want fobs then get em lol. I don't really like em but that's preference. But if you want good arrows for cheap I thik you should try out carbon express mutiny 250s :) they are really great arrows and 40 dollars for 6 is great for there quality also.

Mooseman
10-19-2010, 06:35 PM
I have fobs and use them. I was trying very hard to just use them, because I really like the simplicity of them, but with all of the tuning issues I have been having with my firehawk I bought a fletcher and fletched half of my arrows, just to be sure it wasn't the fobs giving me greif. Now that I have my bow figured out (just today), I have been shooting both 4" vanes and fobs together. It is still early to really tell, because I have'nt really took notice, but I think I am a bit better with fobs (I think:confused:). I haven't realy put them to the test against the fletched arrows. I will in the next few days before I head south for my deer hunt. But as everyone else said, get your bow problems solved with the fletched arrows. Get it shooting good and then try the fobs if you still want to. The reason I switched back to fletching is that they have been the norm from day one and all of the archey tuning and testing have been done with them. Hope this helps

Harrison
10-19-2010, 11:46 PM
i am also looking for the start and will go for 4 inch fobs .

FireHawk Owner
10-20-2010, 04:35 PM
I love shooting fobs. I

If you group your arrow tight, and don't pick different spots on your target you will go through a lot of fobs. do to hitting them with follow up arrows.

They last longer then fletching.

I lost about 3 fps which is weird because there suppose to make them faster.

Have to use a dropaway rest! No whisker biskets. And some fully contained dropaways rests, don't have the correct clearance.

I personally feel they group better then fetching at father distances. 40-80 yds. The same at shorter distances.

Also when hunting with them most people put bright color wraps around there arrow shafts. Because the fob usually drops off if you have a pass threw or before the arrow come out of the animal. very hard to find without the bright wraps.

Lot less work once your fletching start coming off or ripping.

Just my thoughts..

Try them if you don't like them get those arrow fletched.And sell the Fobs.