PDA

View Full Version : Shot Threw mesh

FireHawk Owner
10-13-2010, 04:35 PM
I was thinking of buying another ground Blind. I have been seeing most of the new Blinds have shot threw Mesh.:eek: Does anyone have any experience with that. It sounds great that you can be totally concealed, but I'm very leery about it because ,I don't see how, you could shout threw it without it deflecting your arrow. Or even change the speed -momentum of your arrow enough that 20 yd pins turns into 10 yd.

J758
10-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't use it for that reason. I use a 2 man blind and what I do is wear my face net. Seems to work fine. And I always leave my windows open!

Money Man
10-13-2010, 07:39 PM
If it was me, and I wanted to get another blind, and this is one that I like, I would buy it. Then when I got home I would try shooting through the mesh and if it doesn't work, take the mesh out. Obviously if the mesh costs too much more, that may change my mind.

Destroyer
10-13-2010, 07:53 PM
From what I have heard there is no problem with the mesh, its very light and consistent where you shoot through, that's the key point, consistent. Its not like hitting something like a branch that deflects the arrow.

I'd probably wouldn't get one though, most seem to use the regular blind and do well. From what I have seen, its for very hard to hunt critters where nothing else works.

change the speed -momentum of your arrow enough that 20 yd pins turns into 10 yd.

Doubt it would be that much but you would need to test it out. What you will be shooting at will be close hopefully, that is the benefit of the mesh.

ezbite
10-13-2010, 08:01 PM
ive never shot thru it and dont plan on it because i threw it out. the mesh is not needed, just something extra in the way. if your blind is black inside, remove the mesh and wear all black, you can see out better too because sometimes the sun hits the mesh at just an angle and makes it almost impossiable to see out of. im on another forum and this question came up, only a few said they ever have shot thru it and one guy said he shot thru for practice in the backyard and the only group he got was after he shot a few broadheads out and made a hole.

J758
10-14-2010, 06:42 AM
INMO,
I think it is just one more thing to over come. With all the variables already in place it leaves room for error. We all know it already is a art to hit the mark why create another barrier. I had my blind with the mesh and was given to me as a gift. First thing I did was take it out. Blackin your self out and so on should work fine.

elkslayer4x5
10-14-2010, 06:43 AM
I recently read a report on this very subject in the American Hunter, NRA's hunting mag. They tested shotguns, rifles and bows, both with and without mesh. No suprize the shotties and rifles showed no difference. The bow did not do so well, the shooters 20 yd group more than trippled in size when shot thru the mesh, so not so good. :eek:

Destroyer
10-14-2010, 06:38 PM
the shotties and rifles

The thought of shooting a gun through mesh really gives me the creeps, just doesn't seem right, like shooting through a window or wall. :eek:

elkslayer4x5
10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
The thought of shooting a gun through mesh really gives me the creeps, just doesn't seem right, like shooting through a window or wall. :eek:

Back when I was in high school, I sometimes did week-end work for a widow, had to replace window screens on her kitchen window several time becuase she would shoot gophers as they poped up under her clothesline, with her .410 shotgun. 4-6 times spring and summer. :)

Spiker
10-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Back when I was in high school, I sometimes did week-end work for a widow, had to replace window screens on her kitchen window several time becuase she would shoot gophers as they poped up under her clothesline, with her .410 shotgun. 4-6 times spring and summer. :)

Sounds like my grandmother when I was a kid. :cool:

elkslayer4x5
10-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Sounds like my grandmother when I was a kid. :cool:

Did she live in Occidental, Cafirornia in 1961-63? Named Virginia? :D

Spiker
10-15-2010, 10:52 AM
No, Colorado, but she did shoot squirrels out the bathroom window all the time.

Destroyer
10-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Old lady's shooting gophers & squirrels through a window. :cool:

justin
10-16-2010, 03:19 AM
Old lady's shooting gophers & squirrels through a window. :cool:

yeah i dont feel alone anymore. i thought my grandma was the only one who does that....

Ehunter
10-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Asked a friend that tried the shoot through windows in his blind. Said 20 yards was the max he had any accuracy at all. Wouldn't shoot at a deer over 20 yards through them. Kinda makes me think, throw them away, and wear all black. Should keep you hidden enough.

Destroyer
10-16-2010, 05:08 PM
yeah i dont feel alone anymore. i thought my grandma was the only one who does that....

What gun did she use?

Still laughing about the .410 shotgun elkslayer4x5! :D

Kinda makes me think, throw them away, and wear all black. Should keep you hidden enough.

Sounds about right.