PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Limb crack

FireHawk Owner
10-17-2010, 09:50 AM
This is the second limb on my 2009 Firehawk thats cracked. I had It set at 62# DW just so this would not happen again. Worst part is I have put a $200. deposit down on a paid hunt in Texas in 3 1/2 Weeks with two other freinds.:eek::eek: Also already bought a plane ticket. To top it off I just sold my Bowtech three weeks ago for money to go on this hunt. I know Martin will make it right they alway took good care of any problems I have had in the past. Only thing is last time, It took 3 1/2 weeks to get my new limbs sent to my house. Maybe I can get some 2011 limbs replacements, or even 2010 To end this nightmare!!!!!:(

Ehunter
10-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Make sure you call Martin yourself. Don't wait on an archery shop to call them for you. I had my new limbs in 4 days when mine broke a few months ago. Talked to Joel, they showed up at my local shop 4 days later. Back up and running in 5 days last time.

Destroyer
10-17-2010, 04:27 PM
deposit down on a paid hunt in Texas in 3 1/2 Weeks with two other freinds.

At least there is still time. A hunt isn't the best time to test your new limbs though. Perhaps a older backup bow would be a good idea. :)

FireHawk Owner
10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
I just sold my Bowtech Destroyer 350. That was my only other bow. Debated selling my Martin but I was more accurate with the Martin. The Destroyer 350 was way faster, but not forgiving at all. Rather be accurate then the speed.

I have everything disassembled all ready.

How much time difference is there between Florida and Washington. Going to call first thing in the morning. Want to be able to send it out tomorrow. Maybe I can still make my hunt.

bfisher
10-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Time difference is 3 hours. 1-800-541-8902

FireHawk Owner
10-18-2010, 11:01 AM
:D Very please with the out come of my conversation with Joel. He was very very helpful and reassuring that I will be able to make my upcoming hunt. He is sending me a 2010-11 conversion kit with - limbs with the new ROTO limb alignment system.

As upset and disappointed as I was. I am very happy to have a bow, that the company [MARTIN] stands behind and is very prompt to take care of any problems that occur.

Thank You JOEL and Martin ;);)

bfisher
10-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Hope everything works out for you. I can just about imagine the stress you were under wondering what to do about a bow. I hope your problem is solved. Good luck on the hunt. Post some pics of that big bruiser when you get him-----even if it's a doe. LOL.

FireHawk Owner
10-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks Bfisher, Yes it is a load off my back. My two shooting buddys offered to lend me a bow. BUT I am a lefty so borrowing a bow is impossible with at least my Friends. This is the first time in about 5 years that I didn't have a extra bow or two. Times have been tough for us lately, Had to sell most of my toys. Thank God Joel put a rush on this for me.

I will post so pics when I get back.. Thanks again..

bfisher
10-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks Bfisher, Yes it is a load off my back. My two shooting buddys offered to lend me a bow. BUT I am a lefty so borrowing a bow is impossible with at least my Friends. This is the first time in about 5 years that I didn't have a extra bow or two. Times have been tough for us lately, Had to sell most of my toys. Thank God Joel put a rush on this for me.

I will post so pics when I get back.. Thanks again..

I can understand you having to sell some toys. Fortunately I'm retired and everything is paid for. The wife still works and I do part time just for something to do when I'm not playing.

It would seem to me you need to make some "left handed" friends.

FireHawk Owner
10-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Thats a big 10-4. I miss out on shooting different brands of bows, Do to shooting left handed. Cause everyone I shot with uses different brands.

I probably could shot right handed, I write will my right hand. But I'm left eye dominate.

Really need to find a new occupation so I can all my toys back.

Question --
When I get my new 2010-11 limb conversion kit.
Should I set the bows ATA to 2010 spec which is 30'' or should it stay at 29 3/4'' ?

Mooseman
10-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems, but I fully understand. I also have a 09 firehawk and just reciently had the limbs, rotocup and strings replaced. I leave on the 23rd for a hunt and I am still in the tuning process.

Good luck

FireHawk Owner
10-19-2010, 05:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems, but I fully understand. I also have a 09 firehawk and just reciently had the limbs, rotocup and strings replaced. I leave on the 23rd for a hunt and I am still in the tuning process.

Good luck Thank you Mooseman.

See your in crunch time to.:eek