PDA

View Full Version : Well I finaly got it figured, sorta

Mooseman
10-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Well after some long frustrating days I finaly have my firehawk shooting good again today. Good thing I wear a hat, it saved my hair. I tuned the cams, tried paper tuning. I am shooting easton epics 340's 30", 29"DL was set at 65#. I tried everything while paper tuning and kept getting a right tear( I think, POI right of fletching). I moved my rest, tried the baby powder trick for contact issues-no contact, I dropped poundage a couple turns, I used the same arrow, used different arrows but nothing worked. I finaly got mad and gave up for an hour. Went back and took another turn off of my limb bolts. I don't have a bow scale so I was just winging it. It was set ant the pro shop for 65# after the warrenty work. First shot was a bullet hole, second shot was a bullet hole. I think it was a combination of fatigue and under spined arrow. The thing that I cant figure out is the 340's should have been good for the 65#. I loosened the limb bolts off another 3 turns. Shouldn't that put it around the 57# mark. I sure notice a difference in the trajectory of the arrow out to 40 yards as compared to before. Do I need to get some stiffer arrows.

RobD
10-19-2010, 01:26 PM
I had the same problem. I started with 400 spine . Bought 2 dozen.Realized they were flexing way to much. Back my bow down and figured out it was a spine issue. Then I tried on of a friends 340 helped a little but not much. Just bought a dozen 300 Spines and they did the job.

Happy to see you got it worked out.:D

Mooseman
10-19-2010, 01:54 PM
cool, I guess thats what I will do.
Thanks

justin
10-19-2010, 03:57 PM
hmmmm.....

im shotting my 400 spline out of my 70# cheetah with 30 in draw and tuned it for bullet holes..... didnt need to tune my 100 grn muzzy mx3s either....
but i figured they were to light so i got some 300 spline and they shoot alright... but dont fly with the mx3s. they do fly straight with some cheap realtree 100grain 3 blade broadheads though. idk i never paper tuned the 300 spline though, as the lighter arrows are working out fine for me

FireHawk Owner
10-19-2010, 05:18 PM
hmmmm.....

im shotting my 400 spline out of my 70# cheetah with 30 in draw and tuned it for bullet holes.. A Cheetah is a Single cam, not as aggressive as the dual cams. So It would not need as stiff of a spine. But with your DL and DW I would think 400 would Weak for your Set up. But if your shooting bullet holes your good.

timtim146
10-19-2010, 06:48 PM
it may have been one of the limbs was more tightened than the other and it was making for offset nock travel? just my 2 cents tho :D

Mooseman
10-19-2010, 07:04 PM
it may have been one of the limbs was more tightened than the other and it was making for offset nock travel? just my 2 cents tho :D

Maybe, but I doubt it. I have marks crossing to entire centerline of each limb bolt, and I turn then equaly every time I adjust them.
Thanks for the input timtim

polaris754
10-20-2010, 03:45 PM
hands tim tim change fer his two cents , good answer dude , high five , happy shootin :)

FireHawk Owner
10-20-2010, 03:59 PM
hands tim tim change fer his two cents , good answer dude , high five , happy shootin :) LOL Tough crowd!!!