PDA

View Full Version : arrows not hitting target square

duey1977
10-19-2010, 04:00 PM
just came in from shooting my bow, noticed every once again the arrows
would be sticking out or the target at a angle is that normal.

FireHawk Owner
10-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Have you paper tuned your bow. Might need a rest adjustment

A arrow will takes the path of least resistance. So if you are shooting tight groups and it has caused a hole in the target, then they might be follow previous arrows travel.

Mooseman
10-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Have you paper tuned your bow. Might need a rest adjustment

A arrow will takes the path of least resistance. So if you are shooting tight groups and it has caused a hole in the target, then they might be follow previous arrows travel.

Yes what he said;). If your material inside your target is pushed around from accesive arrows hitting it, or previous arrows, you will get what you describe. If you are shooting a foam broad head target make sure it is not twisting from the shots before it. I have had both happen.

SonnyThomas
10-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Like the others, "every once and again" says target material.

Arrow lean is a ugly critter, tears at the mind. Shooting paper targets and seeing the fletching no where near where I was aiming just floors me. I have since learned to walk to the target and look for point of entry. I use cardboard behind the target face to eliminate most. If the bale is worn I use to pieces of cardboard.

warwizzard
10-20-2010, 07:04 AM
another way to eliminate that is if using paper targets stack hay as your backback board and it will eliminate the problem of following existing arrow holes.

polaris754
10-20-2010, 03:29 PM
yup i agree wit all them dudes :rolleyes:

ElkSlayer
10-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Like the others, "every once and again" says target material.

Arrow lean is a ugly critter, tears at the mind. Shooting paper targets and seeing the fletching no where near where I was aiming just floors me. I have since learned to walk to the target and look for point of entry. I use cardboard behind the target face to eliminate most. If the bale is worn I use to pieces of cardboard.

plus plus plus....be sure bow is tuned after that its , fletchin contact or bow torque.. can you see your arrow fish tail ?.no. then its the target