PDA

View Full Version : 2011 silencer

timtim146
10-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Alright i need to hurry up and shoot this bow its the next one on my list lol. just got done with the 2011 catalog and that bow looks awesome! does anyone know the price range that it will be in?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-21-2010, 10:28 AM
I'd guess that it will cost a little more than the Pantera. Did you notice that the Silencer is basically a renamed Firecat 400 in the gold series?

Ehunter
10-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Doesn't Martin really only have 3 bows or so this year? Everything is a copy of something else. Minor machining difference on the risers, but basically only 3 bows. 6 if you count single vs. dual cam.

Montalaar
10-21-2010, 12:22 PM
yes, right.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Doesn't Martin really only have 3 bows or so this year? Everything is a copy of something else. Minor machining difference on the risers, but basically only 3 bows. 6 if you count single vs. dual cam.

Definitely correct.

C Bailey
10-21-2010, 03:41 PM
I've been wondering if the new Gold Series bows with the Nitro cams (Onza, Silencer) will be sold at box stores or places like Bowhunter Superstore, where prices will be seriously undercut versus the Pro Series Firecat. It would be interesting to get the thoughts of a bow shop owner or two on the economics of carrying Pro Series bows (Firecats) that differ very little from respective Gold Series bows (Silencer, Ridge Hunter) that will likely be available at big stores at lower cost. With a new Rytera bow on the way, expanding that line to 4 bows, is Rytera the new Martin Pro Series?

I'm interested to know what that Onza costs. That is pretty sweet. Of course, I've been licking my chops over the Rytera Nemesis ever since that came out, but just not able to drop that kind of cash on a bow.

timtim146
10-21-2010, 07:31 PM
yeah thats why im wondering on the price lol. i mean a firecat 400 with silencer slapped on it for a few hundred less? sounds great to me lol. the only difference is the riser is a little bit different on the firecat and its 2 ounces heavier? lol they even have the same strings and cables so i say the silencer is going to be the better of the 2 just because of price. but well see ;)

timtim146
10-21-2010, 07:39 PM
oh and i also like how these bows have the beyond parallel limbs which i think makes the kick to the bow even less. should be some sweet shooting bows :) hopefully the limbs dont start cracking lol

dragonsfire311
10-21-2010, 08:35 PM
hopefully the limbs dont start cracking lol

Don't jinx it:D

godhellyin
10-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Definitely correct