PDA

View Full Version : WoW lots of power

warwizzard
10-22-2010, 05:50 AM
was getting ready to sight in bow when one arrow went through my fence aross my nieghbors yard and through thier fence 20 more yards away. not just stick in it but went all the way through. going to have to goto the range at the local shop to sight it in first then use my makeshift range i have in my back yard to practice shoot. Definately love the power the firecat tr1 has...

alex
10-22-2010, 09:18 AM
I doubt it that your neighbours love it too :rolleyes:

FireHawk Owner
10-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Yep. LOL that bow is no Joke>>;)

elkslayer4x5
10-22-2010, 10:52 AM
... through my fence aross my nieghbors yard and through thier fence 20 more yards away. Definately love the power the firecat tr1 has...

Not to laugh at you but my son and I where talking about his little "target block" syndrome. Ever since he first had his bow ( 8 yers, 15 # recurve, he's 45 now ) he has practiced in his back yards, and for fear of doing what you just experienced, he gets to the lower outer ring of a target and momentarly freezes. So till you get sighted in better, keep 'er low! :D

Ehunter
10-22-2010, 01:21 PM
I made a homemade backstop/target out of layers of styrofoam with cardboard sandwiched between them. 1 layer of 2 1/2 inch foam covered in vinyl, (old hottub covers), 3 sheets of cardboard, then another foam layer. The target ended up just over 3 feet thick in all. First time I shot my 09 Firecat at it, I had to dismantle it to retrieve my arrows. First 3 shots sank past the nock. Now using more cardboard and a double layer of closed cell foam as well between the styrofoam layers. From 30 yards and in, it still sinks to the fletch. The Firecat has ample power for sure. lol

SonnyThomas
10-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Now you know why there are city ordiances against shooting a bow in town.

At our club we have a 9 foot wall covered with 1" thick conveyor belting. Now before the belting we tested the wall itself from 60 yards. Yep, 1/2" thick wood wall did not stop the arrow. We raised the wall one section and we still have jerks that get a arrow over it. By then IAA State Direction; "I don't care if you a wall the size of a screen for a drive-in theater, some one will get a arrow over it."

Lucky me. I live in the country, 31 acres, have access to a indoor range (30 yards) and member of the local archery club that has a 11 bale, 60 yard practice range.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Lucky me. I live in the country, 31 acres, have access to a indoor range (30 yards) and member of the local archery club that has a 11 bale, 60 yard practice range.
Well SonnyThomas I'm not doing to bad either, I live in the country too. I have a 18.5 yard range in the basement and a 70 yard range on the side yard. ;) Its fun to shoot year round in the basement with three lanes. :D

alex
10-23-2010, 08:44 AM
And in my country we have brick walls between the backyards/gardens. :D

Spiker
10-23-2010, 08:48 AM
And in my country we have brick walls between the backyards/gardens. :D

:cool: - - - and it is beautiful there!

Montalaar
10-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Uhm.... Brick wall on one side, fences on two others.. Quite urban area here. ;)

alex
10-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks, Spiker! You know, guys -the traditions are important. In the Netherlands they don't use window-curtains, we here build tall walls :D
Urban shooting is a poor substitute to the archery in the wilderness, but i can practise every day even without an archery club.

Montalaar
10-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Alex, actually they DO use curtains.

They had extra large windows so that everybody could look into the rooms to check if the family was withing the right way of practicing their religion. Nowadays most windows have wonderful curtains. Believe me, i am quite often over there. :P

Spiker
10-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Spiker! You know, guys -the traditions are important. In the Netherlands they don't use window-curtains, we here build tall walls :D
Urban shooting is a poor substitute to the archery in the wilderness, but i can practise every day even without an archery club.

Alex-
Almost have all the pics ready to send...

alex
10-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Alex-
Almost have all the pics ready to send...

That's great, Spiker! (by the way can i use your first name in the posts here or you prefer your privacy?) If it's easier for you, you can send me the pictures by Internet - a CD should fit in an ordinary envelope, but i don't know whether it'll be accepted by the posts. :)

alex
10-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Alex, actually they DO use curtains.

It's a shame! I blame the weed for this ;) :D