PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination

Unregistered
11-05-2006, 11:42 AM
I posted a question several days ago and have had no replies after being viewed 30+ times. At first I thought that no one knew the answer, then I checked all the recent threads started by "unregistered" users, such as myself, and saw that most had no replies as well. Are unregistered users being discriminated against by the elite archery experts on this forum? Sure looks like it.

mtshooter
11-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I don't believe there is any dicrimination. I just went through the whole forum and there is actually far more topics posted and unanswered by registered members than unregistered. If you would like another option to get your question answered jump over to Wild Extremes an ask your question. I am sure someone there can help you. ;)

http://community.wildextremes.tv/forum/index.php

selil
11-05-2006, 04:09 PM
I posted a question several days ago and have had no replies after being viewed 30+ times. At first I thought that no one knew the answer, then I checked all the recent threads started by "unregistered" users, such as myself, and saw that most had no replies as well. Are unregistered users being discriminated against by the elite archery experts on this forum? Sure looks like it.

I ain't an elite archery expert, but I don't in general respond to unregistered users either. If you're not willing to share who you are then why should I share any expertise that i've got? In general unregistered users want everything for nothing and complain more than people who register (sense of anonymity I'm guessing).

Since 95 percent of the questions answered on this forum for FREE are done by VOLUNTEERS you get what you paid for. This is not the PRIMARY method of dealing with Martin Archery. It is volunteer driven with a small amount of factory support. As always if you have a problem Martin customer service is second to none. Call the 1-800 number and some of the nicest people in archery will help you out.

I'd go look and see what you're original question was, but since you did it as an unregistered user it's pretty hard to find among the others.

Robert58
11-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Don't feel lonesome. I have been a registered user for quite a while and I can't seem to get an answer to any of my questions either. After my last question not being answered I will either call Martin or ask on Archery Talk.

Robert

I just checked and my last question had 72 hits with no answer.

selil
11-06-2006, 02:21 AM
Likely Robert is that is a new product (furious cams) and nobody has a lot of experience with them yet let alone customizing them. For example several people are interested in seeing the shoot through on the Furious cams for a Scepter 4. They haven't released all of the information on the customization options including modules. However in the past they have been available. I guess we'll have to wait and see, that or you can call the 1-800 number.

Robert58
11-06-2006, 02:55 AM
Likely Robert is that is a new product (furious cams) and nobody has a lot of experience with them yet let alone customizing them. For example several people are interested in seeing the shoot through on the Furious cams for a Scepter 4. They haven't released all of the information on the customization options including modules. However in the past they have been available. I guess we'll have to wait and see, that or you can call the 1-800 number.

Thanks for going to the trouble to look up my last post.

It just seems to me that if Martin is going to have a tech forum on their website that their mods. would answer more questions than they do.

Robert

selil
11-06-2006, 04:50 AM
Thanks for going to the trouble to look up my last post.

It just seems to me that if Martin is going to have a tech forum on their website that their mods. would answer more questions than they do.

Robert

Actually the heads of tech support have posted several times that this board is checked infrequently. The Martin Tech Staff is pretty excellent and they will help when they can through the bulletin board.

Myk
11-08-2006, 02:59 AM
Yes, I'm secretly out to get you. I also secretly know who you are, you know this because of the many questions I've answered that have been posted by Unregistered users.

kkbrian
11-08-2006, 12:45 PM
I am a registered user and frequently come on to look and see whats happening and if there is something new I might learn by reading these posts. I view almost all of the posts weekly, but am in no way able to help anyone so I wont post after I viewed. The couple times I have called the 1-800 number they have been extremely friendly and helpful.