PDA

View Full Version : 08 Firecat update...

CrowMagnumMan
10-23-2010, 07:14 PM
I have an 08 Firecat that I love. I am thinking about updating the bow. I want to keep this bow but was wondering if I updated to '10 limbs, roto cups, cams, mods, and axles if it will make the bow better with less possibility of cam lean. I am getting older so I am looking for smooth too!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

gibson 787
10-23-2010, 07:49 PM
G'day Crow. My thoughts would be if you love her, leave her alone. I think the 08 Firecats were a very good model.

If you're dead set on doing something about it, go try a few of the newer models, in particular the 2011 variety when they're out, then make a decision.

You may find it's not much more expensive to buy a newan and keep the 08 as a backup. Might even find the 08 shoots better.

It's not a good feeling to make a change to something and end up with something that's not as good as what you started with. Especially when you're out of pocket as well:(.

madlaz
10-24-2010, 02:55 AM
I you do those updates to your 2008 firecat it will cost almost as much as buying a new one ulees iots under warranty and its broken i have a 2008 never had a problem with really like it but like my scepter 4 more for target hunt with the firecat.

FireHawk Owner
10-24-2010, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't change. Nothings going to be better with 2010 Limbs. Why take a chance of losing a good thing.

bfisher
10-24-2010, 11:37 AM
The guys are right. It's not cost effective. I changed mine to 2010 parts, but only because I broke a limb and had the option to do so under the warranty provisions. Just new limbs are going to cost you $200. Then you need the Roto cups ($55), cams with modules ($300), axle kit ($7), and string/cables ($105).

I guess you can add it all and see where it ends up. Can you say "OUCH"?

CrowMagnumMan
10-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys. I'm just going to leave it as it is, especially after hearing how much it would cost. I'll just shoot it until it dies or sell it for something new! Appreciate the responses.

FireHawk Owner
10-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks guys. I'm just going to leave it as it is, especially after hearing how much it would cost. I'll just shoot it until it dies or sell it for something new! Good Idea. :cool:

Arrow Splitter
10-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks guys. I'm just going to leave it as it is, especially after hearing how much it would cost. I'll just shoot it until it dies or sell it for something new! Appreciate the responses.

+1 Excellent choice.:D