PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the hills

big willie
10-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Of Wv.,not much for hunting or target shooting with any type of bow.I bought a 2500 series from a lady at a little shop and need some info on this bow,my nephew is deadly accurate with his bow and I would really just like to maybe fool with the bow.It's a Martin Bengal and has no string or any of the other things that I know I'll have to take care of,I dont even know the year it was made,it's aluminum and camo'd bout all I know now so if someone can give me some info,it would be great,thanks Big Willie

FireHawk Owner
10-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the Furom.

Is there a sticker on the inside of one limb. If so whats the Model #
If not can you post some Pictures, that might help?

alex
10-26-2010, 11:23 AM
What is Wv?

Montalaar
10-26-2010, 11:36 AM
West Virginia

Spiker
10-26-2010, 12:22 PM
What is Wv?

That gave me a :D

alex
10-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks, Simon! I also tought so, but the small v confused me. It's hard for me to understand which state is it just by the abbreviation - there are fifty of them and many start with identical letters :D

Montalaar
10-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah... I am not that sure, too in some cases.

But then..

I do not know anyone in this forum who can tell me what

NRW, RP, BW, HH, HB, and so on means.

WITHOUT USING GOOGLE.

big willie
10-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Alex,you're pullin my leg.Firehawk is the sticker or whatever under where the limb meets the"body"?I'll try to get pics on a little later on today....thanks

Montalaar
10-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah, it is the sticker with draw range, draw weight and serial number imprinted.

alex
10-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Big Willie, i didn't mean at all to be sarcastic or something like that. It's really hard for me to understand the states just by the abbreviation :)
Simon, these letters look to me like the markings on the pencils :D What they really are?

alex
10-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Oh, i feel sleepy and getting dumb! These are the German federal ... provinces (don't know the exact term). I know some of them, but not the correct spelling in German or English. NRW should be Northern Rhine-Westfalia (or whatever is the correct spelling).
Willie, the first 2 figures of the serial number show the year in which the bow is made. Knowing the year you can try to find the specs of the bow, but if you can't you can call directly Martin and ask them. Still the pictures can help.

Montalaar
10-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Oh, i feel sleepy and getting dumb! These are the German federal ... provinces (don't know the exact term). I know some of them, but not the correct spelling in German or English. NRW should be Northern Rhine-Westfalia (or whatever is the correct spelling).
Willie, the first 2 figures of the serial number show the year in which the bow is made. Knowing the year you can try to find the specs of the bow, but if you can't you can call directly Martin and ask them. Still the pictures can help.

Right Alex. =)

Nordrhein-Westfalen
Rheinland Pfalz
baden Württemberg
Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg
Freie und Hansestadt Bremen

would have been the right solution. =)

dragonsfire311
10-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the forum, my family has property in white sulfer springs. beautiful county up there.

big willie
10-26-2010, 04:06 PM
AAlex,no harm no foul.at least ya didnt say anything about us ol' hillbillies lol and dragonsfire,we have a great fishing camp next to Alderson,WV not to far from white sulpher,I like it down that way

alex
10-27-2010, 03:34 AM
Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg
Freie und Hansestadt Bremen

These two sound great, very Medieval :D