PDA

View Full Version : Stringsight

Ehunter
10-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Has anyone seen the "sight" called the string sight? Saw it on youtube. Rather interesting, but looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Just kinda wondered what others thought of it as well. Stringsight.com No, I'm not trying to sell them or represent them in any way. Just curious about what others thought.

Montalaar
10-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I cannot believe that they advertise it with 'more accuracy'. I always say that it is VERY important to get one anchor point that you should find everytime you draw your bow back. This thing wants you to get rid of one anchor point but get three or four of them.

What a waste.

Ehunter
10-27-2010, 02:04 AM
"And it promotes better form" ?????? How can changing your anchor point for each distance help improve your form? The ONLY thing I can say about that sight is, the guy who invented it made one HELL of a shot on video. 165 yard shot, nearly dead center, on a small haybale sized target. (1-1/2 X 3 Feet)Also saw him shooting 6-8 inch ballons out to 100 yards. Not sure the sight had a thing to do with it, but impressive shots none the less.

alex
10-27-2010, 04:15 AM
I don't think you need to buy it - just tie some thread around your string at different spots. it works like a series of kisser buttons i think. I believe it's a good and easy way to shoot at long distances without lowering your sight. This young man is a hell of a good archer, especially at long range.

elkslayer4x5
10-27-2010, 06:36 AM
How can you be accurate with multiable anchor points? There is a techneque called string walking where you use differnt anchor points: index finger over arrow, two under, index finger to corner of mouth, middle finger corner of mouth, third finger in corner of mounh Three fingers under arrow, index finger in corner of mouth, Thats allready four differnt anchors. The idea is to keep the point of your arrow on the target at all times, by varing the distance under the arrow, 1/4 of tab, 1/2 tab, or counting wraps 5 wraps under 7 wraps under, so on. About 50 yds you'll have to move to a fifth anchor under your chin, and also varing the distance under the arrow. Thats the five I used. How accurate was it? Yery! I've heard that the NFAA outlawed it. So yeah, you can use mulitable anchors if you have a method. :cool:

FireHawk Owner
10-27-2010, 06:56 AM
. All its doing is reversing everything. It Would be pretty hard without changing your tiller all the time . Look at how he has to roll the bow on his grip. Would be very uncomfortable. Draw length would be thrown out the door also.

alex
10-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Can't say how hard is it, but can see how accurate he is at 100 and 150metres :) For such distances i used a more simple method this summer - just tied a thread to the last pin and put a very small piece of white tape where the 100m should be - not very accurate but still works.

Montalaar
10-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Well..

100m are close to the 90m FITA round and should be NO problem at all...?!

alex
10-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Well..

100m are close to the 90m FITA round and should be NO problem at all...?!

Depends on the pin sight, Simon. It's not a problem with the high-end sport sights, but with mine it's a hard job.