PDA

View Full Version : a/a question ?

polaris754
10-26-2010, 03:21 PM
hey guys , after i had my bow fixed at martin it never dawned on me to check any measurements , my bows a/a is to be 32 and a quarter, it measures a tad under 32 if I am doing it right ? and i really never adjusted the draw stop whats the best way , bows been getting a little off lately:eek:

Montalaar
10-26-2010, 03:25 PM
As always mentioned.. The AtA measurement is only a starting point. But in these days it is always a great thing to stay around the factory numbers or go longer than that. A lower AtA can affect the duration of life of limbs.

SonnyThomas
10-26-2010, 06:04 PM
hey guys , after i had my bow fixed at martin it never dawned on me to check any measurements , my bows a/a is to be 32 and a quarter, it measures a tad under 32 if I am doing it right ? and i really never adjusted the draw stop whats the best way , bows been getting a little off lately:eek:

ATa seems a bit short. How is it for listed max draw weight? If over I'd check draw length which would check long. If long and over max draw weight I'd back off the strings.
Measuring ata is actually fairly straight forward. Hook a tape measure on the outside of the axle and measure to the inside of the opposite axle.
Do you have your manual? Directions are pretty clear. I think, regardless of cams, remove the cap of the draw stop and loosen draw stop. Come to full draw and have someone move draw stop to the limb and snug down. Let down. Move draw stop away from the limb 1/32" and tighten. Replace cap. For less letoff move draw stop closer to the limb in tiny increments until you find what you desire.

polaris754
10-27-2010, 02:16 PM
hey thanks sonny big time just wanted to confirm stats, and how to do it i think its my eyes , but my shooting has gone array, and like u know u never want the big one to get away thanks again have a great day :)

polaris754
10-27-2010, 02:22 PM
the folks at martin changed my cam to a m pro 2 , i also noted the string is listed on the limb as 88,5 were as the prior limb was listed at 90 ? the only confusing thing is they sent it back with the original string ?i always wondered but my mistake i should have measured everything before i shot it again original prob was my upper limb split down the middle :eek: when i had it returned it was shooting awesome i could hit beer bottle caps at 20 yds with no problems and dang i was happy

elkslayer4x5
10-28-2010, 06:41 AM
when i had it returned it was shooting awesome i could hit beer bottle caps at 20 yds with no problems and dang i was happy

With the beer bottle caps, your shooting, or the combination of all three? :D

Destroyer
10-29-2010, 08:37 PM
the only confusing thing is they sent it back with the original string ?

That might account for the lower ATA, could be a bit short.

when i had it returned it was shooting awesome i could hit beer bottle caps at 20 yds with no problems

Unless something in the setup has changed then your probably looking at it being a form problem. How big are those bottle caps mate?

polaris754
10-30-2010, 05:21 PM
just got back in from huntin and didnt see any deer with beer bottle caps on, all said and done i didnt get a arrow off lol !! :rolleyes:

SonnyThomas
10-30-2010, 06:19 PM
just got back in from huntin and didnt see any deer with beer bottle caps on, all said and done i didnt get a arrow off lol !! :rolleyes:

I hate that, deer not wearing a target to shoot at. :rolleyes: