PDA

View Full Version : rytera archery catalog

cridertj
10-30-2010, 04:35 PM
have they said anything about the 2011 line up yet?

bfisher
10-30-2010, 06:07 PM
I doubt you're going to see much till right near or right after the ATA show. I gotta call my sales rep. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

As of now I'm going to wait for the Rytera lineup. Nothing in the Martin line really jumps out at me. I have heard that the Alien X, Z, and Nemisis are still in for 2011, then an additional bow, whatever that may be.

Montalaar
10-31-2010, 12:22 AM
There will be the additional bow, Rytera Seeker. Not much information leaked out yet, not even sales reps got anything. Design is a bit .. interesting.. from what we could see. They will release more information 1st of December.

bfisher
10-31-2010, 12:35 PM
There will be the additional bow, Rytera Seeker. Not much information leaked out yet, not even sales reps got anything. Design is a bit .. interesting.. from what we could see. They will release more information 1st of December.

Is that the Seeker 365 that Ted Nugent supposedly has? From the very sparse pics of it on AT it does appear to be an interesting design. Looks like a very slim bridged riser. Doesn't matter though. I'll wait and see.

Montalaar
10-31-2010, 12:38 PM
This is the seeker preview:

http://www.rytera.com/at/seekersneak2.jpg

Draw range down to 26". This means that i will not be able to shoot it. 6" draw range on todays cams are not that ... possible.

Spiker
10-31-2010, 01:35 PM
This is the seeker preview:

http://www.rytera.com/at/seekersneak2.jpg

Draw range down to 26". This means that i will not be able to shoot it. 6" draw range on todays cams are not that ... possible.

If what we are seeing as a 'bridge' is actually the riser - with a piece (the grip) attached to the front of it - and this 'grip' is adjustable fore and aft, then there could be a very big draw length range.
And if the top and bottom can be adjusted independently - then the grip could be positioned high to low...

...okay - now back to reality...

alex
10-31-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm ready to dislike the look of this bow, but let's not be hasty :D

Destroyer
10-31-2010, 06:30 PM
I actually like it Alex, it allows for a smaller grip while maintaining strength. I'd have one. :)

alex
11-01-2010, 07:04 AM
I actually like it Alex, it allows for a smaller grip while maintaining strength. I'd have one. :)

Yeah, i know. I just don't like how it looks. But may be when i see the whole bow i'll change my opinion :D

Destroyer
11-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Sure that's a Rytera and not a Hoyt? Cable roller???

bfisher
11-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't think it's a cable roller system. Just taking a careful look at how the cables are angled with the bow drawn I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is basically a cable slide that doesn't slide. It appears to have a pin that goes through the slide and the rod, keeping the slide in a permanent position.

Have any of you heard of the Bow Turbo? Could be very similar.

Montalaar
11-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Sure that's a Rytera and not a Hoyt? Cable roller???

Terry Martin himself posted that picture and also commented it.

You see a large screw in the cable slide. This is which may hold it.

The Bowturbo is crap but it works pretty similar.

Destroyer
11-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Terry Martin himself posted that picture and also commented it.

Can't get more legit than that, looking forward to seeing more of it. Wonder if the limbs will be Barnesdale's?

Montalaar
11-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Can't get more legit than that, looking forward to seeing more of it. Wonder if the limbs will be Barnesdale's?

Probably not, the other Ryteras do not have them either (since August or so).

Destroyer
11-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Bugger. :( There goes that idea then.

bfisher
11-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I think the Barnesdale limbs were just being used while Martin developed and acquired their new 2011 limbs. I really wanted to get lighter limbs for my Alien Z, but that was just at the time when they were phasing out the Barnesdales so I just kept mine and backed the bow down more than I normally would. I wanted a 50# bow and it was probably close with the Hybrix 2.0 cams, but I needed the Hybrix 1.5 cams which they did send me, but it peaks 58#.

I have a trick up my sleeve anyhow. When I need strings I'm just going to order them a little longer. This will make the A2A longer and the brace height lower. The good side is that it will also reduce the preload on the limbs, hopefully to make them last a lot longer.

Anybody got any idea about how much longer I should the rigging to drop about 10#? There's got to be a good string maker with some knowledge of this.

alex
11-04-2010, 12:48 PM
When you back the limb bolts to lower the DW with about 10# there's a gap between the limbs and the riser of 5-7mm. So my guess is that the string should be longer with twice this lenght or about 1.5cm. What do you think about this, Barry?

Destroyer
11-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Anybody got any idea about how much longer I should the rigging to drop about 10#?

Can't say for sure but 1/2" overall should do it but you can just twist until you get the weight you want, love the modern strings. I've gone up to an inch longer string and 1/2" cables on older bows and dropped over 15 pounds. My brother hates bows over 55# and most you buy seem to be in the 55-70 class.

With the deflection angles its a trial and error thing. :)

Montalaar
11-05-2010, 01:42 AM
That depends on the whole bow construction. But 1" longer strings and cables will lower the weight between 8 and 12 lbs. I'd say make the string 0.7" longer and see what you get. :)

Montalaar
11-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Can't say for sure but 1/2" overall should do it but you can just twist until you get the weight you want, love the modern strings. I've gone up to an inch longer string and 1/2" cables on older bows and dropped over 15 pounds. My brother hates bows over 55# and most you buy seem to be in the 55-70 class.

With the deflection angles its a trial and error thing. :)

Interesting. In germany most bows are 50-60 (45-60) as 60lbs is the maximum that is allowed by the FITA for their tournaments. You can also order 70lbs bows but that is kind of a custom order.