PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a CCS they don't want?

NeilM
10-31-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm finally getting my ShadowCat shooting as well as my Constitution. One of us is very sensitive when it comes to stabilisers, but that's another story.

I now want to try a CCS, as I have found this sort of device works very well on the Connie (but not well on other bows). I know I can get one new from the factory, but does anyone have one they don't want and that they'd be prepared to sell me?

Montalaar
10-31-2010, 09:41 AM
Neil, the 2010 ShadowCat does not accept the CCS.

NeilM
10-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Neil, the 2010 ShadowCat does not accept the CCS.

Your absolutely right, what I'm actually after is an STS :mad:

Of course, I can't change the thread title, so I'm not going to be swamped with replies here, am I?

Montalaar
10-31-2010, 11:44 AM
No, don't think so. :)

So your bow did not came with a STS? That makes me wonder as the STS is a standard feature on the ShadowCat.

I am pretty sure you will finde someone. There are always people not liking the STS on a bow. I think we have also one of them on this board.

NeilM
10-31-2010, 11:53 AM
No the STS did not come with the bow, despite the seller sending me a PM to tell me he had fitted it. When I complained that it was not fitted, or even in the box with the bow, he stopped communicating with me....nice.

I'm not sure fitting one will make too much difference, but it worked well on the Constitution and I also like the way they kill any vibration noise.

Ahh well, here's hoping.

Montalaar
10-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Hmm...

Yeah, i like the STS, too. I do not believe that it makes the bow more accurate or even quite (as this does nto even matter to me anyway) but it is a great thing to use with a long draw length and an arm that like to get in the way of the string. Even if bent.

Destroyer
10-31-2010, 06:25 PM
When I complained that it was not fitted, or even in the box with the bow, he stopped communicating with me....nice.

Terrible really. Its not like keeping it will make them big $$$. Was this eBay or a dealer?

but it is a great thing to use with a long draw length and an arm that like to get in the way of the string. Even if bent.

There are definite benefits to them, especially when using the lower BH bows. My only complaint is the noise isn't reduced as much as some go on about, silent my butt! ;)

NeilM
11-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Terrible really. Its not like keeping it will make them big $$$. Was this eBay or a dealer?

AT classifieds. I'm in the UK, he's in the USA, so he knew I was not going to be knocking on his door about either the STS or the bent cam module.

Brother archer my ar$e :mad:

Montalaar
11-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Send a pm to Lou ("AdvanTimerLou"). He is a classifieds moderator and will take care of you. The english AT classifieds staff fights for the rights of the customer. As long as you can prove that he told you that the STS comes with the bow (via pm or email) they will do all they can for you. Including a call to him and such things.

Fraud is not tolerated within the AT staff.

NeilM
11-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Oooohhh, thanks. Will do.

Destroyer
11-01-2010, 04:59 PM
he knew I was not going to be knocking on his door about either the STS or the bent cam module.

And a bent module sheesh! Did you pay with PayPal? Could dispute him but there is limits to that. What a class act. Yep, we internationals have to take some chances on gear, pity our 'local' dealers weren't better. :(

Send a pm to Lou ("AdvanTimerLou"). He is a classifieds moderator and will take care of you.

On ya Monty! :)