PDA

View Full Version : CAT Cams - Rattle Warning

NeilM
11-01-2010, 08:48 AM
When I recently bought my used ShadowCat, it came complete with a bent module on the CAT 1.5 cams. I have just fitted a new pair of modules (thanks to Joan and also Centre Shot) and begun tuning the bow.

After 150 or so shots, I could hear a slight buzz / rattle when the shot was released. I tighened the sights and checked a couple of other places, the noise got quieter and I assumed I'd got it.

Tonight I picked up the bow and the first shot produced a real rattle :mad: So I did the tap tap tap with my finger investigation. Lo and behold the top cam module had worked loose, despite being checked a couple of times since I installed it.

A quick check showed the module was fine (whew!) and the next six shots were all but silent, well, certainly no buzz / rattle.

So, all you CAT cam owners, if you hear a rattle, check the modules first, as they have a nasty tendency to bend if you're not careful.

Spiker
11-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Blue Loc-tite works wonders.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-01-2010, 09:49 AM
blue loc-tite works wonders.
archer's best friend;)!

NeilM
11-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I've never needed to loctite cam screws. In fact the problem is very often getting them loose to change the module.

Does to blue loctite come undone easily when needed?

Spiker
11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
If your concerned about getting them back out you can use fletchtite on them. It will keep them from coming loose and lets you remove them if need be.
Once you have the one on that gives you the draw length you need, or a rotating one in the position you need, - there isn't much need to change them again.

Destroyer
11-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Does to blue loctite come undone easily when needed?

Not easy but it will (that's the idea), red won't. My old PSE had rust to keep them in lol!

elkslayer4x5
11-02-2010, 05:09 AM
My old PSE had rust to keep them in lol!

Who was it that said rust never sleeps ?:D